In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

TV SHOWS

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
BR and I was talking about the TV shows especially the one called the "5th Wheel" I dont know if any of you have seen it or not, but it is about 4 people (usually 2 men and 2 women) and they pair up and get to know each other, then switch and spend time with the other one, then later a "5th Wheel" is tossed in to scramble it all up,.

On 95% of these shows there are at least one of the "LADIES" that prefers the company of on of the other "Ladies" over the men, and they make out together, Now this may be a turn on for some people, but BR and I think its disgusting.

Was watching the other night and had to turn the program off, the participants were 4 "Ladies" all of em making out until they threw in the "5th Wheel" of course was a guy, well to say the least the guy didnt fit into the plans of the "Ladies" . they more or less ignored him and went on to groping each other.

What would be said if the same show had 4 "Gentlemen" on there groping and kissing and dancing with each other??

What is with the media, now? trying to shove all this Lesbianism and GAY stuff on us??

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
Hudson.gif
900.gif

Comments

• 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    quote:What is with the media, now? trying to shove all this Lesbianism and GAY stuff on us??

Yeppers you got it.

And thanks for the viewing tip, I have never seen it and now never will

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.
    [Teddy Roosevelt]
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    It won't be long till I can throw my TV away.

The only thing worth watching anymore is the news.(If you can believe it.)[:(]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    These "reality" shows have absolutely nothing I'm interested in.
    If it's not NFL, MLB, History Channel, Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, or AMC, we're probably not watching it.

Mudge the selective

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    I wanna watch, I wanna watch! What channel is this on?

Hypocrisy is the homage paid by vice to virtue.
    Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:What would be said if the same show had 4 "Gentlemen" on there groping and kissing and dancing with each other

There is an interesting double standard at play. In today's society it considered OK by many for women to be bisexual. However, bisexual men are looked down upon.

For once, a good double standard!

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    The recent network concern about indecency is only a "reduce speed" on the road downhill.
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Larry,

I worry about our future when values have changed to the point that this kind of crap is accepted.[;)]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I can remember a time when they wanted to outlaw the move "The Outlaw" cause the two stars took a little roll in the hay in the barn. totally clothed, and ended with a kiss. Man was that bad[:D][:o)]

And how about Gone with the Wind, the controversy that Clark started when he said "Frankly Scarlet, I dont give a Damn" Now that was super bad.[:D][:o)][:o)]

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The entertainment companies are going to produce whatever trash people will watch. People watch,,,businesses with products to sell buy advertising,,the networks profit.

I watch no network T.V. I have not watched even one episode of 'Friends'.

Cable is as bad, as Fox is putting out some pretty trashy stuff.
    If this slime mirrors society,,we in heap shi*.

Sheesh,,, If America doesn't get abreast of this situation,,,pretty soon a feller wont even be able to watch a good football game without someone displaying unmentionables!!

,,,sod

cyclone.gif13a.jpg
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    mateomasfeo

quote:There is an interesting double standard at play. In today's society it considered OK by many for women to be bisexual. However, bisexual men are looked down upon.

For once, a good double standard!

Very much the double standard......Women have for years turned off feelings in disgusting situations...and if necessary I guess they can do it for tv ...But I disagree that society considers it OK for women to be bisexual...It might be "expected" for ratings or popularity so its done, but that doesnt make it any less revolting...

What is turn on for some is disgusting and revolting to others...
    Men will say how disgusting when the mere mention of 2 men together comes up, but say ohhhhhh yea when its two women....
    Well that is a two way street...what you find a turn on, is probably a TURN OFF for many women.

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion