In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Got "schooled" on DV today..."

Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Wasn't an entirely horrible training, some good stuff to take away from it regarding the culture of men and violence, their assumption of women as property, but,...

Then the presenter, from NYS, a self confessed "social organizer" (oh lord, where have I heard that before), anyhow, he starts lecturing us about men and their muscles, and then equates them with guns, then starts talking about guns as extentions of BallPark Frankes, etc. etc,. etc,....

I said "Excuse me sir. We live in a very rural community. The average response time for a police call is about 10 minutes. If my partner isn't home to defend me and my children, what do you suggest I for in the 10 minutes between when the perp breaks into my house and when the cops get there? Cook him a turkey pot pie?"

No response, or at least nothing valid.

Yeah, maybe I'm on a suicide mission. I'll be checking want ads tommorrow...

Comments

• Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady
    Wasn't an entirely horrible training, some good stuff to take away from it regarding the culture of men and violence, their assumption of women as property, but,...

Then the presenter, from NYS, a self confessed "social organizer" (oh lord, where have I heard that before), anyhow, he starts lecturing us about men and their muscles, and then equates them with guns, then starts talking about guns as extentions of BallPark Frankes, etc. etc,. etc,....

I said "Excuse me sir. We live in a very rural community. The average response time for a police call is about 10 minutes. If my partner isn't home to defend me and my children, what do you suggest I for in the 10 minutes between when the perp breaks into my house and when the cops get there? Cook him a turkey pot pie?"

No response, or at least nothing valid.

Yeah, maybe I'm on a suicide mission. I'll be checking want ads tommorrow...

Andrea... I think you did good. [;)]
  • Options
    brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    good for you and eff him.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good for you.

If it helps, I am very vocal at work and pretty quick to push the BS button, also. It has gotten me some unwanted attention from time to time. Hell, someone has to do it!
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you made your point[:D]
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Andrea -

Just share with him that we out in the country have a special tool called a perp tenderizer. I know the one we keep will turn muscle into mush without undue effort.

Must be you folks have one too![;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nord
    Andrea -

Just share with him that we out in the country have a special tool called a perp tenderizer. I know the one we keep will turn muscle into mush without undue effort.

00 buck...
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,495 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nord
    Andrea -

00 buck...
    That'd be it. The ultimate muuscle relaxer!
  • Options
    ManygunsManyguns Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November -1
    Good for you, Andrea. We aren't all "clueless jerks" like the social organizer.
    Tom
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    What a jack-*! I would have gotten up and left.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The masses are *.

Anymore I am insulted anytime a social organizer tries to generalize me as a part of their image of mankind in general. It doesn't account for me a an individual but assumes I am just an extension of their image of the whole lot.

The truth is, most times i find these generalization do a poor job representing me.
  • Options
    Maximus4427Maximus4427 Member Posts: 558 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,495 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Maximus4427
    What is DV?
    Domestic violence.
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    What a load of crap. The pussification continues...
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    since i carry a mini revolver are they saying my ballpark is small!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fordsix
    since i carry a mini revolver are they saying my ballpark is small!
    No, I think that would mean a large one. The long barreled Model 29 boys would have small standard equipment.[:D]
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ....then starts talking about guns as extentions of BallPark Frankes, etc. etc,. etc,...

Does this mean I need a bigger gun?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    ....then starts talking about guns as extentions of BallPark Frankes, etc. etc,. etc,...

Does this mean I need a bigger gun?

Only if you feel inadequate....[;)]
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    When I polish my derringer it doesn't grow into a S$W model 29 however...................
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For the first three hours or so, it wasn't a horrible training, but nothing I didn't already know, then they started using words like "collective" and "socialization," "social justice." The male members of the audience, doubt there was a Y chomosome amongst them. The women? I consider myself a feminist, but these gals were man haters, I mean in the sense of a man doing man things, enjoying action movies as opposed to costume romances. How dare they!? I got into an argument with the presenter that the message of the movie "Braveheart" was one patriots's struggle for the independence of Scotland, he said it was a romance, not blood and guts and gore and warfare. Mkay...

I gave up at that point.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the first three hours or so, it wasn't a horrible training, but nothing I didn't already know, then they started using words like "collective" and "socialization," "social justice." The male members of the audience, doubt there was a Y chomosome amongst them. The women? I consider myself a feminist, but these gals were man haters, I mean in the sense of a man doing man things, enjoying action movies as opposed to costume romances. How dare they!? I got into an argument with the presenter that the message of the movie "Braveheart" was one patriots's struggle for the independence of Scotland, he said it was a romance, not blood and guts and gore and warfare. Mkay...

I gave up at that point.

Uhh... Are you sure the people you're dealin' with have a full deck o'cards?

Who in their right mind would think 'Braveheart' was a... 'ROMANCE'?

Good Golly miss Molly...
    Andrea, you need to be lookin' hard for something else...
    Of course... IMHO...

But, you're probably like many of all ready...
    You do what you do... 'cause you like doin' it...
    I tell 'em all the time at my office...

"I like what I do... just NOT who I do it fer'..."
    I think they get the picture...
    They deal with me 'cause I know more than most and it took a Loooong time to get here... Otherwise, I'd be booted 'fer sure.... [^]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    The masses are *.

Anymore I am insulted anytime a social organizer tries to generalize me as a part of their image of mankind in general. It doesn't account for me a an individual but assumes I am just an extension of their image of the whole lot.

The truth is, most times i find these generalization do a poor job representing me.

[;)][:)]I see a fellow individualist.