In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

TIME TO BE NICE

358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
[:)] I don't post very often but have been around for a few years.[:)] The way that we talk to some of our members is just a little scary to me [:0]
I have met a couple of members and enjoyed getting to know them. Swaping ideas, getting help, finding out about new toys is what I think this fourm is all about.
As a merchant seaman I travled all over the world and for members that have never been out of this country, Don't, there is no place like the U.S.A.
With that said I would like to say to all here thanks for the enjoment you give even if I DON'T ALWAYS AGREE.
Proud to be an AMERICAN
Now who can tell me the best way to cook cabbage?

Comments

• rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 358 WINCHESTER
    Now who can tell me the best way to cook cabbage?

Don't. [:D]

aliens.jpg
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,451 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:The way that we talk to some of our members is just a little scary to me
    [?]

He Dog
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    ask a carnie at the fair[:)]

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • 358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He Dog Iwas reading some of the recent post and was surprised by the comments of members trying to get each others goat. I know a jerk when I see or read one and don't let them get to me.
    Just wanted to post a thank you to the good guy & dolls here.
    ridowns3 cabbage is one of the items that the Dr. said for me to eat so I was hoping for new ideas PLEASE [xx(]
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Having a mom of Bohemian descent, cabbage is one of those things I grew up with, and love. Cole slaw, fried cabbage (with bits of sausage and green peppers), my Ma's boiled cabbage with vinegar and caraway seeds that she serves with roast beef, vegetable lasagna....Oh, it's all good.

Drool, drool....

If I were you, I'd start out with fried cabbage. Throw in chopped onions, green peppers, maybe some mushrooms....Perhaps some onion salt...Chuck in some diced sausage....You just can't lose!
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 358 WINCHESTER
    ridowns3 cabbage is one of the items that the Dr. said for me to eat so I was hoping for new ideas PLEASE [xx(]

I still say "don't", btw, I like my cabbage raw with a bit of salt. [:D]

aliens.jpg
    edited November -1
    Cole slaw is the only answer for me! Cooked cabbage-[xx(] Sorry, did not mean this to be an unfriendly reply.

Actually nothing on the board says our posts/communications have to be friendly and they do sometimes get acrimonious. That is life, not my favorite recreation either.

He Dog
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    either form of cole slaw or sour kraut
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't forget one of my absolute favorites, STUFFED CABBAGE! Oh boy that stuff is good. Sorry, I don't know how to make it but my mother-in-law used to make it just for me.

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT CriminalsThe 2nd Amendment; America's Original Homeland Security
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    What sort of dirty lib enviro vegetarian JaneFonda kissing left wing POS ****er Kennedy worshipping idiot would eat cabbage in the first place? You don't see people eating cabbabe on FOX tv, do you? Does Rush Limbaugh eat cabbage? Does GWB eat cabbage? If you don't want to eat red-blooded all-american beef like John Wayne and the rest of those great Americans than get the heck out of my country and here's $20 to help speed you on your way. What has become of this forum? It used to be so kind, gentle and compassionate. Now, it's just a bunch of whining cole slaw munchers.

25 smiley faces for those who think the above is meant to be taken seriously!!!!
    edited November -1
    Sorry Woods, but it is well known by now that the duke was a closet cabbage glutton.

He Dog
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If cabbage does to you like it does my wife I wouldn't want to be anywhere near you!

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like to cut into about two or three inch chunks and fry it with smoked ham, not too much seasoning, just a touch of salt and black pepper.

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    I like to cut the cabbage into quarters (throw away the core) and add it to a big pot of water, some salt and pepper. Then add a corned beef crisket. Put a lid on it and cook on medium heat untill the cabbage is tender and the cnd beef is done. (About 1hr or 1 1/2 hour) add water as needed and make sure it does not boil too strongly.

Cook a pan of cornbread, then drain the water off the cabbage and cnd beef and VIOLA' a meal fit for a southerner.

JuJu(YUM YUM, I can taste it now)

PS - all y'all that dont like this can kiss my grits[:D]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I like plain old fried cabbage myself, maybe some smoked sausage or spam in it.

Now quote:my Ma's boiled cabbage with vinegar and caraway seeds that she serves with roast beef, vegetable lasagna....Oh, it's all good.
    from trstone sounds very good[:)][:)][:)][:)]

I haven't been on here very long, but some of the posts are rude not many I think most are resonable. I think the gun part of broker has something to do with it[:D][:D][:D]

I can see your not bad at all, heck you got winchester in your user name....it's all good

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stands up and says, "Hello, my name is wundudnee and I like cabbage."
    [:I]
    One of my favorites is the left over ham bone (with lots of ham left) put into a big crock pot with potatos, carrots, lots of cabbage, any limp cauliflower, broccoli and a couple of bay leaves and let it cook. About 30 minutes before you are ready to eat, add some barley for filler. It'll make your tongue beat a hole in the top of your mouth.

I like cooked cabbage. I like sweet and sour cole slaw, I like country style slaw and I like saurkraut and sausage.[^][^][^][^]

Stay way back, and "DO NOT GO IN THERE!"[}:)]

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black
    standard.jpg
  • ClairClair Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife got a British receipe called Bubble & Squeek, off of the TV show 2 fat Lady's good stuff, but can't remember what all was in it

<P> To each his own
    Craig Brosius
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy yourself a STEAMER! Load the cabbage and add a few caraway seed. The aroma and taste will knock you on your tail. Simply wonderful!

As far as traveling! Your nuts![:D] Spain! Singapore! The French Rivera,
    Italy, Hong Kong. Just to name a few!
    Big world and a lot to see. Enjoy!
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I like peanut butter and cabbage sandwiches with pretzels and a spicy V-8. But that's just me...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Just do a search for cabbage recipes...you will come up with a lot of them...even bubbles and squeak...
    I have a recipe, well not a recipe per say...just my memory, for cabbage dill soup...its fantastic..
    That recipe should be on the web as well...I make cabbage rolls (similiar to stuffed cabbage for some)..and I love purple/red cabbage as well...
    If you do a search for cabbage, you will have enough recipes to use cabbage every day of the week and then some...

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion