In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Oh God, It Has Begun..........

guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
edited July 2002 in General Discussion
Every dork, yuppie, idiot pretty rich boy is starting to make their way to Sturgis. Thats all were going to see for the next 4 weeks, Pretty shiney pickups with a new Harley in the back. When I pass them I point and laugh at them. They know what I'm laughing about! Thumbs up to the dudes (and dudettes) with the sore * who really make the trip, and really know what it's all about! One good thing about living here, ya get to see some great bikes on the road!

Got Guns?

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are right. They don't know what owning a bike is all about. IT'S THE RIDE STUPID. There is a lot to look at there, new parts, bikes, ladies, etc. Too bad they outlawed stars upon thars.True story; A lady that I know, a few years back, was arrested for showing her well shaped and ample glands on the strip. She went to court and the judge said that will be a $150.00 fine. The lady lifted her blouse and said "If you think these are only worth $75.00 apiece, your fu***ng nuts". The judge tacked on a few more dollars and they both went their merry ways.

If I knew then, what I know now.
  • Options
    sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't been to Sturgis for several years. A buddie of mine told me that Rapid City is full of Class A motor homes and trailers, and the big ride is between Rapid City and Sturgis. Um,,,I'm not being critical here but I don't think them folks are real bikers. Lotsa leather, tanks full of gas,,but man them folks aint got no class.
    And then maybe I'm just jealous that they will be there and I won't!

"Just my opinion."
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My boss and his wife (around 60) are headed there now....with his new Suburban, covered trailer with the Harley's protected from weather. When he gets there he'll find a nice motel, shed the suit and throw on leather complete with red bandana head band.....why?....because he can now afford to be a hell raiser for one week out of the year....
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I personally do not like the YUPPIE who walks into a Dealer and plops down his Platinum card and takes a 30,000 dollar bike, puts it on a trailer and takes it to the bike rallies or shows, and nine times out of ten they will win the damn bike show, with only 100 miles on the damn thing,

I cant afford the damn truck, or trailer, to pull mine so I ride it to every show, or rallie,, Been to sturgis, Laconia, Datona, and a few more. When I got to sturgis after three days in the saddle, it peoed me off to see these guys pull in in the Motor homes towing their Prizes behind them. (What a bunch of Wussy,s} and they darned sure arent "bikers" maybe weekend warriors, or biker wannabees.

After the three day ride, then another day spent cleaning and polishing, but not for them,, down to the dealer and 150.00 to clean theirs up. Their starting to give BIKERS a bad name HEHEHEHe

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's a question for the bikers here. I've never sat in the driver seat of a motorcycle so I was just wondering something. How do you all feel about BMW motorcycles and what niche does a BMW fill? Is it the type of bike that would get torched at a REAL motorcycle rally?
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Classic, if you & BR plan to be in Laconia any time in the future, let me know ahead of time & I'll buy you all a brewski. Her because she is such a class act & you because you must be one to have won her heart. I'm only 20 minutes away (well, under normal driving conditions when I don't have to 4x4 over parked Harleys !).
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    No, the BMW in our circle here is recognised as a motorcycle, great engineering, and a fine touring bike. NOT A HARLEY BUT STILL A GOOD BIKE>

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"