In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Out of work so had to pass on a good buy.

Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,409 ***** Forums Admin
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
In the firearms section of the classifides last night was an ad for a "M1A SOCOM 2 NIB, paid $1500.00 sell $1000.00" The guy also has an AR upper in 6.8 something, also unused, "paid $700.00 sell $400.00" or something close to that. I wasn't interested in the AR part so I didn't read it real carefully.

Who knows, the paper came out in the morning and I didn't read it until night so it might have been all gone by then.

Comments

• Options
    BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Was that in the Little Nickel??
    The boss ain't letting me buy nothing anyway - but I can look!!!
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,409 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlueTic
    Was that in the Little Nickel??
    The boss ain't letting me buy nothing anyway - but I can look!!!
    Nope, in the Aberdeen Daily World
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How is it for Deer/elk this year around Quinalt area????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlueTic
    How is it for Deer/elk this year around Quinalt area????
    Don't know Blue, since I haven't worked in the woods for three years I don't get out much, other than locally of course. There are a lot of deer around here(upper Wishkah) and seem to be at least two real healthy heards of elk with 40+ animals each real local.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah - Thinking of heading down that way this year. Buddy and I went over to Coweeman on Thanksgiving last year. He had Elk and I had deer tags. He missed on a good 3 point cause his powder did not go off. Black powder can suck sometimes. I laughed when I heard a little pop instead of boom.
    I might do modern this year, because work is slow for once during hunting season.
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The SOCOM 16 is a better rifle than the SOCOM II. The factory stock doesn't have all of the cheese graters on it.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    ...Man...that would have been a steal! I would like to add a SOCOM to the collection one day.