In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Saturday Night Under The Lights (pics,pics)

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited April 2007 in General Discussion
South Carolina Dirt Track Style![:D]

Some pics not very good as I am still learning my new camera.
100_0039.jpg
100_0037.jpg
100_0031.jpg
100_0017.jpg
100_0015.jpg
100_0013.jpg
100_0011.jpg
100_0009.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,454 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Oh the days of dirt track stock car racing!
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    when you going to jump in thier with that bronco?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My Bronco would not stand a chance!

Here is some more!

100_0034.jpg
    100_0028.jpg
    100_0026.jpg
    100_0022.jpg
    100_0020.jpg
    100_0018.jpg
    100_0016.jpg
    100_0014.jpg
    100_0012.jpg
    100_0008.jpg
    100_0006.jpg
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...that's so much fun! Looks like their running some modifieds with the junkers...hard to see in the pic.

...Some people dont realize how freakin quick and fast those modifieds are...[:0]

...Last time I went was when one of my best friends that was a quarter miler switched to modifieds because he got to thinking running 250 in the quarter wasn't safe since he had a wife and 3 kids; felt like the modifieds were safer.

...After 2 years in modifieds and doing quite well, decided to retire all together. A big group of us went out to party at his last race before he hung it up.

...Comming out of the last turn leading the feature, something with his drive line broke, he flipped and and came to a stop with the top of his cage facing the oncomming cars...and one dead centered him...died on the way to the hospital on the care flight chopper...have not been to a race since..R.I.P. Larry...........

ani-texas-flag-1.gif
  • Options
    AZ9JAZ9J Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GRD, nothing like Saturday night dirt trackin'. Reminds me of the Sportsdrome in Grand Prarie Texas late 60s, early 70s. [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am lucky to have about 5 tracks within about 30 miles from my house. All are pretty reasonable on admition prices. Plus I got Lowes Motor Speedway about 60 miles away and Darlington about 90 (maybe a touch more) miles away. I could also make Bristol in about 4 hours.

Needless to say I can get my fill of raceing and will try to go a couple time a month all this summer.[:D][:D]
    quote:Originally posted by AZ9J
    GRD, nothing like Saturday night dirt trackin'. Reminds me of the Sportsdrome in Grand Prarie Texas late 60s, early 70s. [:)]
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Man.

I can smell the alcohol burning.

Sweet.
  • Options
    fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    Nothing like a good slide job on a Saturday night.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What really amazes me is the money these guy's got in their setups to race for a $500 prize!

You got to really love the sport to do that.

I mean look at some of the setups in those pictures. These guys have spent upwards of $20000 and more to race these cars on this level.
  • Options
    fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    Yep, but remember most start small and work their way up. Then there's the little bit of sponsor money they be getting that helps out some.

I remember going to the dirt track in Cordele, GA with my dad, brothers, and uncles when I was a kid. They have since paved the track and I have moved to the other end of state.

I am however really close to the tracks in Rome and Woodstock. I'm just waiting for my boys to get old enough to go.
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess nobody won that race. I didn't see a car in Victory Lane.

Looks like a good way to spend a Saturday night.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    I guess nobody won that race. I didn't see a car in Victory Lane.

Looks like a good way to spend a Saturday night.
    Kinda blurry but here is a car in victory lane!

This was the super stock 4cyl!
    100_0043.jpg