In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

State Dept. recruiting pilots - BIG$$$

bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Got a commercial pilot's license and big hangin clangin brass balls?

Here's the scoop:

You fly one of four tanker/sprayers in stairstep formation. You have close support from two flanking helicopter gunships. You're flying a good plane eradicating opium and coca fields in Afghanistan. Wicked huge pay with big per diem. If you go down and live through it, you will die in the hands of your captors.

No link but this is straight from the mouth of a senior air traffic controller and commercial pilot friend of mine.

* Length of contract is one year and I'm pretty sure you have to already be licensed/certified just to get in the door. My friend is a 12 year man at DFW approach control with lots of previous commercial flight time. Said he was approached with an unsolicited offer, which he refused. Said the odds of getting killed were too high, odds of divorce even higher, IF you lived through the year. Also, brutal schedule.

Comments