In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Regarding 5/11 incident at VBC, Iraq

11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
We all have seen it on the news, or have hear about it here. Because I'm on the VBC, I'm going to lock every topic about it I see on here. It's very sensitive information, and it also falls under OpSec.

My advice is to wait a couple days to talk about it so the military can properly inform the families.

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I can understand your sentiment...but anything that's being reported in the mainstream media is fair game to be discussed here on GB.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Eric, no disrespect, but the story I heard is that it happened on a camp that I have a lot of friends stationed on.

Also, we all know that sometimes stories get leaked to the press before they're supposed to. Give the families, and the departed, some respect and just wait a couple days.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    Eric, no disrespect, but the story I heard is that it happened on a camp that I have a lot of friends stationed on.

Also, we all know that sometimes stories get leaked to the press before they're supposed to. Give the families, and the departed, some respect and just wait a couple days.

Like I said, I can understand your sentiments, but you cannot let your personal feelings/motivations affect your moderating. News is fair game to be discussed here on GB. You are not the only person affected...we all are...and we are free to discuss it here. I mourn the loss of all my fighting brothers, but you've got to be able to separate your personal feelings from your other activities.

If you are too close to this, I would suggest taking a break...get away from it until you are able to deal with it better...I hope none of your buddies are involved.[:(] Take care and stay safe man!