In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Just my 2 cents

JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Email I woke up to this morning:

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 6:31 AM, nunn <gpd035@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Hello thermonuclear

You received the following message from: nunn (gpd035@sbcglobal.net)

At: http://forums.gunbroker.com/

Please keep your racist remarks and creative spelling (mess) to yourself and off the forums. I will not warn you next time.

You caused an entire thread to be deleted.

nunn

What bothers me is this person did not identify themselves. Who are they? Moderator? A user? Who? And the fact he was so upset with my spelling and how offensive it was that he decided he needed to use it in his email to me. I have no clue which thread he is even speaking of. And is there a note or something there that says blame thermo? Am I the only one who said something? What did I say? And why so much anger? All he had to do is ask me to delete whatever I said.

Here's how Thermonuclear the Moderator would have done this:

Dear Mr. Nunn
My name is Thermo Nuclear, and I am Moderator of this forum. I would like to thank you for your patronage to our forums. I can tell by your limited number of post that you are a newbie and I would like to discuss a few issues with you.

Your opinions are a valued part of our forums as it is yours and others communications that gives us purpose. However, your comments on such and such date in such and such thread are a tad beyond our guidlines. You also used language that is borderline unacceptable. I understand that people have done the same or maybe worse in other post, but we cant catch everyone. I assure you I mean no offense or insult by singling you out. I just wanted to touch in with you because maybe you were just worked up over the subject of the thread. We all slip once in a while.

Your comment: "blah blah blah" is WAY too much. This is covered in the TOS section so n so.

Your Language "Fu*k", while we have filters in place, in the future could you might just choose to let the filters do their work. I am sure your message will be well received by other members.

If you could read over our guidelines and correct this in future post, I would appreciate it. I'll let this one slip because you are new, however some of the other MODS may not be inclined to be as kind with any future issues.

Thank you

Thermo Nuclear,

Moderator GBF

Comments

• JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So if it will make mr anonymous nunn happy, I will gladly delete all my post when I am afforded the time and if he has spare time, go ahead and delete the few threads I have posted to "even" the score.

Thanks
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Goodbye thermonuclear.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Obviously, you haven't invested the time to learn the go/no go parts of GB.

And David Nunn is one helluva great guy. You might try learning about him and his family/friends, also.

Doing what he does, as well as he does, he just doesn't have the time to screw around with niceties as he would like to.

Get straight, or hit the gate.

No 1st Amendment here.

No offense intended.

Doug
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    I'm sure David will sleep much better tonight with the softness of thermonuclear's sage wisdom pillowing his head.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thermonuclear
    Email I woke up to this morning:

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 6:31 AM, nunn <gpd035@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Hello thermonuclear

You received the following message from: nunn (gpd035@sbcglobal.net)

At: http://forums.gunbroker.com/

Please keep your racist remarks and creative spelling (mess) to yourself and off the forums. I will not warn you next time.

You caused an entire thread to be deleted.

nunn

What bothers me is this person did not identify themselves. Who are they? Moderator? A user? Who? And the fact he was so upset with my spelling and how offensive it was that he decided he needed to use it in his email to me. I have no clue which thread he is even speaking of. And is there a note or something there that says blame thermo? Am I the only one who said something? What did I say? And why so much anger? All he had to do is ask me to delete whatever I said.

Here's how Thermonuclear the Moderator would have done this:

Dear Mr. Nunn
    My name is Thermo Nuclear, and I am Moderator of this forum. I would like to thank you for your patronage to our forums. I can tell by your limited number of post that you are a newbie and I would like to discuss a few issues with you.

Your opinions are a valued part of our forums as it is yours and others communications that gives us purpose. However, your comments on such and such date in such and such thread are a tad beyond our guidlines. You also used language that is borderline unacceptable. I understand that people have done the same or maybe worse in other post, but we cant catch everyone. I assure you I mean no offense or insult by singling you out. I just wanted to touch in with you because maybe you were just worked up over the subject of the thread. We all slip once in a while.

Your comment: "blah blah blah" is WAY too much. This is covered in the TOS section so n so.

Your Language "Fu*k", while we have filters in place, in the future could you might just choose to let the filters do their work. I am sure your message will be well received by other members.

If you could read over our guidelines and correct this in future post, I would appreciate it. I'll let this one slip because you are new, however some of the other MODS may not be inclined to be as kind with any future issues.

Thank you

Thermo Nuclear,

Moderator GBF

You are not a moderator...and everyone here knows who nunn is...if you do not, go to main forums page and click on his name...it is listed under moderators. If you have a complaint, I suggest you email David about it.

quote:Just my 2 cents

BTW...considering the value of the dollar right now, that's not worth very much either.