In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CCW questions

MRBEANMRBEAN Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭
edited April 2005 in General Discussion
If/when I get mine from here in Michigan, can I still carry on my way to/in other states? How about canada?

bean.gifTo the rich, everything is a neccessity. To the poor, everything is a luxury

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    If another state recognizes your state OK,, Canada Is a NO NO..

I know people that have carried into Canada, but I dont think its worth the trouble if they catch ya...

yo-yo.gif
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
    edited November -1
    For what it's worth, I am a cop, and I can't carry in Canada. So, I won't go there anymore.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    To classic, how do I know if the state recognizes MI, untill it's too late? To both, why can't even a cop carry in canada, when we're clearly superior?

bean.gifTo the rich, everything is a neccessity. To the poor, everything is a luxury
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There are sites that tell ya which states recognize each other for CCW,

Canada==Another Country, they have their Laws..and one being NO CONCEALED CARRY or hand guns taken into their country, in What way are we Superior????

yo-yo.gif
  • Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    Heres the only states your legal in.. www.packing.org
    michigan_map.gif

texas.gifwaco.gif
    "I aspire to inspire before I expire"
    www.texasminutemen.org
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Now we're getting somewhere! Do you happen to know any of these sites off-hand? P.S. nowadays, pretty much the only superioreties(sp) I would give us vs. them is military, colleges, and therefore, great thinkers/inventors. Hey thanks BubbaJoel, so basically anywhere but the red states, right?

• Options
    edited November -1
    The last time I was in canada about 5 yrs ago, I was there almost a year, no one locked their doors, no one locked their cars, I left my Harley on the street over night for 6 months and no one ever bothered it,

Here I gotta make sure my doors are locked, Keep the harley locked up at night, and carry a gun around to protect myself from the bad guys,, outside of that I would say we are superior to..[:(]

I am all for Gun ownership, but not for the reasons some people have..

yo-yo.gif
  • Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    quote:Do you happen to know any of these sites off-hand?

Are you asking about www.packing.org .? If so, I go there all time and research especially before I travel. I usually don't go anywhere I can't carry.. Also Canada doesn't let anyone carry..[:(!]

texas.gifwaco.gif
    "I aspire to inspire before I expire"
    www.texasminutemen.org
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Classic, for someone who carries a gun around(I assume), you sure have a lot of trust! When I go to windsor, I use the alarm on the truck, never park on street at night, watch my back etc. Keep in mind that's all with big brother cameras on nearly every street corner. It's not paranoia, just the way I was raised, "better safe than sorry". BubbaJoel, that map is plenty, thank you.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Considering the ODDS of less than 1 percent that I will be attacked on the street, I gues you could say I have a certain amount of trust in my fellow man..

Been packing a gun for 40 odd years and Golly, never had to use it yet.. But like you say, here in the STATES, better safe than sorry.

I been to 30 different countries and never had a need for a gun for protection.. TIMES sure change...

yo-yo.gif