In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Pumped up from Orchestra practice (timpanist)

jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I play timpani in this little town's symphony orchestra. We have 52 members; there are 20,000 people in the County (931,000 acres); we sell out every show (430+ people).

So, I get back from a kick-ares practice, all pumped up, and the wife wants me to relax and just go to bed. After playing Dvorak's 8th Symphony, you are bubbling. Maybe like after your first deer (wouldn't know).

So, that's the story. All pumped up!

PRO.jpg

Comments

• DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like the pot's calling the kettle back.
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds fun. I played Beethovens 7th and 8th symphonies last weekend and I couldnt get to sleep afterwards. Like Caffeine.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    My daughter was the same....pumped for hours after practice...performance was worse..god that girl was flying high then *LOL....
    But a good orchestra can stir the same in the audience....been there many times too....Thanks for the memories with this post....[:)]

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion