In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I am Impressed

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I recently mounted crossbars on the roof of my car. Without anything mounted on the crossbars, I find the wind noise to be very annoying. An older gentleman told me to wrap something around the front bar to mess up the wind harmonics. I will be danged if the bungee cord didn't take away over half of the noise! Sure beats the $75 they want for a wind deflector. [:)]

Ya learn something new every day.

Jon

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Just got back from the range and shot the Smith 22A , Colt 1911, Browning .32 , and Walther .32

Now the Walther really impressed me, below is target at 15 yds 8 shots. Not bad for a short barreled gun.

target.jpg

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Not bad at all[:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • wizard78wizard78 Member Posts: 3,144
    edited November -1
    Hey Classic. You got the Walther and the FN after all? BTW, your jpg disk is in the post. Went out wed. [8D]

Steve

ag00612_.gifsun_setting.gif
    Fight Crime, Shoot First
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Classic, I bought a nice 32 Colt Pocket Positive last night.
    edited November -1
    Wizard, I havent bought these yet, dont know if I can get the guys price right , He gave em to me to clean up for him. ya know what they looked like, and I thought I would take em an shoot em first.[:D][:D].

I think he did some research, and now he wants double the figures he told us.. oh well, win a few, lose a few. I might buy the Walther if he comes off a tad, and make it my carry gun, as most that I have are too big..[:p][:p]

eagle.gif

Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • wizard78wizard78 Member Posts: 3,144
    edited November -1
    looks like it shoots good any way. I always liked my ppks, just didn't like the low capacity mag. [8D]

Steve

ag00612_.gifsun_setting.gif
    Fight Crime, Shoot First
  • bigal125bigal125 Member Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You sure you don't have that backwards? 15 shots at 8 yards? There's more than 8 holes on that target, is all I'm saying... [:)]

Big Al
    edited November -1
    Target is made from printer paper, bullets dont poke good holes in it, and from a gun with a barrel that short, are probably tumbling, Another GB member was with me, and will attest to that being only eight rounds..

eagle.gif

Hudson.gif
    900.gif