In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SHIPPING

RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
edited November 2007 in General Discussion
I'M NOT WHINING. I JUST WANT A VALID EXPLANATION. WHY DO SOME OF THESE SELLERS CHARGE SO MUCH FOR SHIPPING? I'VE SOLD ENOUGH STUFF ON EBAY TO HAVE A PRETTY GOOD IDEA OF WHAT SHIPPING SHOULD COST. UNLESS THERE WAS ALOT OF WEIGHT INVOLVED, NOTHING WAS EVER UNREASONABLE AS WHAT I SEE SOME LISTERS CHARGING. THE LAST HANDGUN I BOUGHT, THE SELLER WANTED $30 FOR SHIPPING AND INSURANCE. WHEN I GOT THE PACKAGE, THE MAILING RECEIPT INDICATED A CHARGE OF $10. INSURANCE WASN'T ON IT, HIS BAD. EVEN IF IT WAS, IT WOULDN'T HAVE AMOUNTED TO MORE THAN $5. THE BOX WAS A FREE USPS BOX. THE PADDING WAS AND OLD NEWSPAPER. SINCE IT DIDN'T COST $30 TO SEND IT, I AM ASSUMING YOU SELLERS POCKET THE PADDED FUNDS. WOULD SOMEBODY EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THIS GAME WORKS?[:(!]

Comments

• RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK;so I got an F from a buyer.just because I would not ship ammo via US mail. I will not ship US mail unless buyer is willing to pay the fine,and do the jail time. What is your take.<1FMJ>
    edited November -1
    Ordered some stuff 2 Oct. Not on Gunbroker, so no lock or poof.

Well just checked shipping status from UPS

quote:10/13/2010 7:59:00PM OAKLAND CA ORIGIN SCAN
    10/06/2010 5:50:53PM BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Notice the date of electronic Billing notice the date shipper finally gave it to them.

This poor service or what.
    edited November -1
    No Not problems on here. I ordered a bunch of parts for the jeep last weekend. Parts that are shipped USPS are here or will be tommorow.

Parts FedEX or UPS will be here next week(Just checked again Late next week).

All were shipped ground and the ones with USPS cost the least to ship.
    edited November -1
    USPS is raising the cost of shipping.
    UPS will be right behind them.
    As if I haven't gotten complaints about the cost of shipping.
    I say complain elsewhere,it is out of my area of expertice.
    I always try to us the least expensive way to ship.
    But in the long it still hurts the bottom line.<1FMJ>
    edited November -1
    I was wondering if anyone had any dealings with Classic Firearms? I was interested in purchasing a firearm from them but I didn?t know if the list price included shipping, if not how much do they generally charge for shipping? Also, any opinions on the Star Model BM?
    edited November -1
    Hello all,

Shipping: A friend of mine who is fairly 'savvy' about firearms said that all firearms must now be shipped overnight, or 1 day(which is around $40-$50?), but in active auctions I see the shipping listed as less than that.

Help?

dw
    edited November -1
    I am new to selling on gunbroker. I have a mauser listed and have been asked if I will ship to a C&R license . Im wondering if this is legal. I checked the shipping info pages on gunbroker and I cant find any thing on shipping to a C&R. Does anyone have any imput? Thanks in advance.
    edited November -1
    If a person bought a pistol and it was sent to a FFL dealer but it was not sent over night is there foing to be a problem
    edited November -1
    as im a new member on this site,i have to tell you, i really enjoy it . i look forward to looking to see what is new almost every day.there is something that is troubling me though, and, that is shipping costs .i only have two buys as of now, but intend to purchase many more .as my dad would say ,what the SAM HELL is going on , i pay 20-25 $ shipping and go to another seller and he wants 40-45$ shipping,GO FIGURE. i get a good bid on a gun and you add a high shipping rate ,and ffl(IF ANY),and ffl reg,getting the funds,and priority mail,it turns out that my good deal aint happening no mo. are we in the buying and selling or are we in the shipping business,help me understand,thanks,rusobr2
    edited November -1
    Hello, I am new to this, I have had several guns for years and was thinking of selling some - one being a handgun. So I was thinking of joining your sight to put it up for auction. But how can I be sure about shipping it when it seems the people running this aren't even sure what is legal? If my gun sells for a certain price I don't want to hand over all the money to a gun dealer just to ship it to the new owner. I do not have a license and I do not have a dealer I go to but there are dealers in my area that I'm sure will be eager to take my money[:D]
    edited November -1
    Ok, so I am new to this whole selling thing. I have a winning bidder on ony of my firearms for sale, and now need to work out the shipping. I put on the ad that buyer pays actual shipping cost. Now that I look at Fedex and UPS, I really don't want to "screw" the buyer. From what I have read, you cannot ship a handgun by Fedex. UPS wants a kidney. What are the restrictions for shipping USPS? I have a C&R license, if that makes a difference either way. I haven't contacted the winner yet, as I am trying to figure out the best thing to do. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    edited November -1
    quote:Chris8161

USA
    1286 Posts
    Posted - 08/25/2004 : 9:08:40 PM

my understanding is that I, as a private citizen can send my firearm back to the factory for repair, either thru USPS (long gun) or UPS/FedX (handgun or long gun) but the people that work these service counters just do not know their own regulations! I should not have said they were stupid, but they sure are ignorant!

Chris8161
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!

I hope somebody can help me on this as to; does my situation qualify. Can I as a non FFL ship rifles to an FFL holder via USPS or is this illegal, or limited to just returning a rifle to the factory via USPS? I BELIEVE it would be cheaper to ship USPS and much more convenient for me personally.
    Thanks guys,

Nil Illegitimus Carborundum
    edited November -1
    What should it cost to ship a hand gun from Phoenix to Fort Wayne? Was thinking of buying one but they say it costs an ADDITIONAL $26.00 UPS or FEDEX.[?]
    edited November -1
    In the past I have sold brass on this site. However, I currently have some primed brass and would like to know how others ship it. Also, is UPS the only way to ship loaded ammunition? Any assistance will be appreciated.
    edited November -1
    Anybody ever ship a long gun in a hard side gun case. How did you secure it? locks duct tape any other way???

"I did not get where I am today by worring about what I did last night"
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Could someone please help me out? I am looking for a way to ship a handgun. Could someone with experience in this please help. I am looking for a user with and FFL preferably. I see all these postings that say shipping is $20-$30 for handguns and i can not figure out how that is happening for that price. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    edited November -1
    Whats up with the crazy shipping charges, heck, that turns people off in a hurry?
    edited November -1
    Can you ship guns 2 England London? if you can lets do business if not how much?

Get bak at me
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Sounds reasonable to me...If I order one handgun from a wholesaler, the shipping runs about $40...that's why it's always beneficial to order several at a time.
  • neatgunsneatguns Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Rosie, Not a quick answer. Several factors impact shipping charges. UPS and Fed-x require all handguns ship overnight. Easily $40-70 depending on insured value. Big wholesalers get discounts so $25 is possible. FFL holders can send and receive via US Mail. Then it should be under $20 but many are too lazy or too busy to run it to a post office. Many FFL's are also ignorant that they can use US Mail.
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    UPS or Fedex $40.00 USPS $20.00
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Most dealers do not realize this, but a dealer can ship Fed Ex Ground...and it is much cheaper than USPS by the time you add insurance. I almost always ship Fed Ex any more.