In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Jonathan Ciener ??

frankebcfrankebc Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
I was curious to know how many folks out there have had a problem over the past five years with Jonathan A. Cienerdelivering suppressed rifle orders.After five years of patience, I gave up on this guy ever delivering the hardware I ordered, so he refunds only 75% ofmy order payment!His comment in refund letter.......I am impatient!!Now I am collecting useful information for future use, please let me know your stories about this guy........BCF

Comments

• Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You waited for FIVE YEARS?! I mean,I know gunsmiths are slow but reallynow. FIVE YEARS!
  • Options
    thebutcherthebutcher Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would contact your state's Attorney General if that is the state he operates in. Most have a consumer protection hotline.
  • Options
    byelogvardetzabyelogvardetza Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    this guy ripped me off for 300 bucks. the more research I did to find a way to get it back, the more I found that theft is this guy's standard business practice. he refuses to ever answer the phone, and wont respond to the BBB or Department of Commerce. If you send him money (he doesnt take credit cards because you can recover the charge)expect to get nothing except an expensive lesson in Fraud, delivered by a real master. his reputation is why Brownells gave him the drop kick. [xx(]
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two newbies, no contact info, ripped off by the same guy?
  • Options
    41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
    I've never had a problem ordering 22 conversions for the 1911 from him.
  • Options
    txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sav99

That is what some would call a "Clue."

I don't guess this is the 22 kit guy?

Best of luck fellas.
  • Options
    Gregor62Gregor62 Member Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Screwing people for 8 years.[:0]

He obviously knows the ropes.
  • Options
    vicg1vicg1 Member Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sav99

I don't know the newbies... I know Ceiner, you obviously don't.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The man has a long list of consumer complaints, most of them well deserved. I like his conversion units and his machine gun conversions were absolutely the best in the business, bar none. The problem with JAC was/is getting what you order when you want it rather than when he wants to get around to you.
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never send that priick a penny.

CP
  • Options
    byelogvardetzabyelogvardetza Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any advise on how to deal with this guy and get my money back? (talking to those of you who know he's a crook ) as I mentioned, he ignores all phone calls, the BBB and the Dept. of Commerce. I have waited over ONE YEAR....its not like I'm getting impatient after a couple weeks. Ciener knows that a lawyer will cost more money than what he steals from people, on average, so he feels safe playing his game. also most people wont drive cross country for a small claims case. So what is left? I personally know a class 3 dealer who got ripped off for over 3 grand by JAC; this dealer jacked him up against the wall at Knobb Creek [:)] and security got involved. That seems excessive for 300 bucks, though. So I'm at a loss. Anybody ever beat this guy?
  • Options
    jeb49jeb49 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sent in an order for one of Ciener's AK47 7.62x39 conversion kit in early December 2007. My checked for $268.00 cleared my bank on Dec. 17, 2007. I've not yet received the conversion kit nor any explanation from Ciener. Ciener's web site indicated 30 to 120 day delivery time frame -- the 120 days have passed long ago!! I've tried to call Ciener's office, I have sent emails, I've sent letters and I even sent a Certified letter, but no response! What a rip off!! Check out the Ciener web page; click on warranty - nothing. They want $10.00 to check on your order!! If you want any of the Ciener products, I would suggest you order from third party such as Midway or Brownells, or find one on GB.
  • Options
    JasonVJasonV Member Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These guys may be newbies but people all around the net have had problesm with JAC for years.

I have a conversion for my AR15 which works flawlessly but I got it from a second party.
    formerly known as warpig883
  • Options
    beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's called Mail Fraud which carries stiff penalties. I wouldn't hesitate in filing a Mail Fraud charge against him. You can file a Mail Fraud complaint online
    >USPS Postal Inspection Service
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • Options
    sar54sar54 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had no problem in ordering directly from him. I sent the money order 6 weeks ago and just received the ar-15 coversion kit.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Please take some time to read the posting guidelines before making any future posts.