In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Opening a new can of trouble

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Bill before the house would make the killing of a pregnant woman a double murder, also same bill will make abortion illegal with a penalty of up to 5 years, except in the case of where the womans life is in danger.

I think this is a bad peice of legislation, for if passed it will open up a whole new industry, Black Market abortions or back alley abortions, putting womens lives in more peril.

pass legislation making the penalty for killing a pregnant woman stiffer?? . You can only execute em once.

What do you think on this?? I am not debating my thoughts on abortion, right or wrong, its just this peice of legislation..

eagle.gif
"It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
Hudson.gif
900.gif

Comments

• wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,067
    edited November -1
    If it is the one I heard of earlier it does not cover abortions it is talking about the killing of a fetus during a crime and specifically rules out abortions and abortionists as not covered

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    That is what I thought until 15 minutes ago when they flashed the gist of the bill across the screen on FOX , said abortion would be ilegal also, and if it hadnt stated that, and only that killing a person that was pregnant a double murder, then the can would still be opened, cause then everybody could say well then abortion would be murder.. the bill stated that the baby is a viable person upon conception, belieing the fact that the courts have already said it was not a person until the total separation from the mother.. OH BOY

eagle.gif

Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    More back door shenanigans trying to bypass the supreme court. What a waste of time too. You know the court would toss out the part of the law making abortion illegal and if they couldn't seperate it they'd toss the whole thing.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
    edited November -1
    I has only passed on house, it seems that every legislation concerning abortion has been abondoned by the other house.. the only part that will pass in my estimation is the part of the Murder of the fetus. but again that opens it all up again. Because if its a viable person upon conception and murder to kill it along with the mother, then why would it not be ilegal to kill it without harming the mother, or is it gonna be viable only because the mother was killed??
    Viable in one case is viable in another, thus trouble is brewing..

eagle.gif

Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Amen - SP is on the money.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Ditto Doug Wilson and Saxon.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • SkyWatcherSkyWatcher Member Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, SP is right, it should be a state issue - just like 75% of the rest of the stuff the federal gov't sticks their nose in.

To whom much is given, much is expected.
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like it. Sure, there will be illegal abortions, but there will be so many less abortions, and less stds, and less teen pregnancies, as they wont have the "luxury" of just killing the baby.

As for strengthening the punishment with double murder, someone could easily only get 40 or 50 years for killing someone, but two people, extends the sentence.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this an anti abortion bill?

If so I support it.[}:)]

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)
    edited November -1
    quote:less stds, and less teen pregnancies

Didnt stop it years ago, wont stop it now either

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion