In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Do people read or just post?

dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2008 in General Discussion
How many time do you see multiple post here? It seems that some just post here but never read. There are those (zipper)that like to post like they are the first to read something and want to share. Please read the post and then you will see if you have to post "unique" information. Jesus Christ people! (This is not a religious post). Don

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    How many time do you see multiple post here? It seems that some just post here but never read. There are those (zipper)that like to post like they are the first to read something and want to share. Please read the post and then you will see if you have to post "unique" information. [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just wondering.
    I just like to look at wallies pistures.
    Please forgive me if this topic has already been posted.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don don't usually say that many words.

I think he is pissed.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    8.11 posts per day [:)]
  • Options
    kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    What really get folks in an up roar is if you dare to post links to the last ten times the exact same item was posted.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NUTFINN

Thanks for looking, that means you care. Don
  • Options
    spurgemasturspurgemastur Member Posts: 5,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes we get so excited by what we have encountered that we can't help ourselves, and post prematurely.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spurgemastur
    Sometimes we get so excited by what we have encountered that we can't help ourselves, and post prematurely.

Or not. Don
  • Options
    cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    Yeah we do have a few premature exclaimaters.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stop taking cilais for lunch.
  • Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    I'm fairly sure this has been posted--and has certainly been around the email circuit, but I just got it again this evening and thought I'd share with my dearest friend, dcon12, and others here on the forum...I don't know how current the info about Australia is but the point is quite clear. If you know any or all of this to be inaccurate, don't bother correcting it; the truth is in the gist, not the factuality of each item.

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
    China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million
    political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated
    Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000
    Christians, unable to defend t hemselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'uneducated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.
    It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

List of 7 items:
    Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent
    Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent
    Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!
    In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!
    While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.
    There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians
    disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
    Take note, my fellow Americans, before it's too late! The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'.
    Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.
  • Options
    gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    Someone reposts a topic...whoop-dee-doo. Some don't have the time to surf GB all day so what's the big deal.[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gbeggrow
    Someone reposts a topic...whoop-dee-doo. Some don't have the time to surf GB all day so what's the big deal.[?]

It just shows you are a post count hound instead of reading. Opps, forgot, some can not read. Don
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you kidding! I have Spider7115 to show me the link if I can find one.[:D][;)][:o)]
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
    [:D]
  • Options
    stevenrayspeckstevenrayspeck Member Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    quote:Originally posted by gbeggrow

It just shows you are a post count hound instead of reading. Opps, forgot, some can not read. Don

Look who's talking.... You've got over 12,000 posts[:0]
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I make up the stories, the facts the stories are based on, the ficticious links to validate the make believe facts and liberlally fluff it all out with total BS. I go to all of this trouble so I don't have to read every post and reply.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigdaddyjunior
    I make up the stories, the facts the stories are based on, the ficticious links to validate the make believe facts and liberlally fluff it all out with total BS. I go to all of this trouble so I don't have to read every post and reply.

Quit modifying the facts, that were modifications to facts, that were modified facts.[:D]
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    I just hate when people post things that have already been said! I mean darn it! It's like some people just post without reading the responses at all![:D][;)][:o)]
  • Options
    cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    I just hate when people post things that have already been said! I mean darn it! It's like some people just post without reading the responses at all![:D][;)][:o)]
  • Options
    oldnbaldoldnbald Member Posts: 3,578
    edited November -1
    I used to be a lurker, but gradually started posting. Not as much as many of you, but at least I am contributing (I think!).
  • Options
    rustyhrustyh Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I decided not to read this thread then I decided not to post a reply.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ditto what they said.
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like waffles.
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sure, toss me in. I'd love a chance at your generous giveaway.
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
  • Options
    dkb2003dkb2003 Member Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    quote:Originally posted by NUTFINN

Thanks for looking, that means you care. Don
    Are you reading?...8.11 u cant read that fast..dont lie
  • Options
    rustyhrustyh Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I actually have a hard time reading some of this stuff because I am laughing so hard.[:D]
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I love everybody and everything...

[:X]
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

Wow, you are like the anti-bdj. I hate everybody and everything except gold tequilla, rare steak and the waitress that brings then to me.
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigdaddyjunior
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

Wow, you are like the anti-bdj.

I lie a lot...
  • Options
    tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    I usually only read a post that the subect line sounds interesting or I just like the poster!!!
    Those that have a habit of bashing the police or military...I probably don't read their post's as I can't seem to obey the you can't call a member a damn idiot rule!!! Therefore I could easily be guilt of double posting.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    I like waffles.

Belgium or American?

I'm more partial to french toast.
  • Options
    hisbigbootygirlhisbigbootygirl Member Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOUD NOISES!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maybe this can be SP's new mission.

Lockout reposts.
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hisbigbootygirl
    LOUD NOISES!!!

[:D]
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don, be honest now, when you posted this you did know where it would go and what it would spawn, didn't you [?] [:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!