In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NY cops getting themselves exempted from new law

Comments

• Options
    jev1969jev1969 Member Posts: 2,691
    edited November -1
    If 7 rounds are enough for me to defend myself in a life threatening situation why does a trained "expert" need 15?
  • Options
    kabarkabar Member Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why are retired cops going to be except to the law? If there retired, doesn't that make them an ordinary citizen? Is this another case of double standards?[?]
  • Options
    old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jev1969
    If 7 rounds are enough for me to defend myself in a life threatening situation why does a trained "expert" need 15?
    But,you don't understand.You are not supposed to defend yourself.Just call 911.The cops will be there in a while.
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kabar
    Why are retired cops going to be except to the law? If there retired, doesn't that make them an ordinary citizen? Is this another case of double standards?[?]

Of course it is. Just like HR218 allows active and retired cops to carry where the unwashed masses can't. Cops have become a super-class in this country.
  • Options
    Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by m1aguy

Of course it is. Just like HR218 allows active and retired cops to carry where the unwashed masses can't. Cops have become a super-class in this country.
    Better than being in the class you're in!
  • Options
    llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    All against the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by m1aguy

Is that why they are trained and equipped like a para-military force [?]

Yep.