In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mini-rant.

RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
edited February 2008 in General Discussion
I was interested in purchasing a TV but am also considering a new washer and dryer. I can only afford one or the other.

My rant is on any site searching for the washer or dryer it does not show the matching washer or dryer. Normally when someone buys a washer they are usually considering a dryer and vice versa and I would think most people would like a matching set.

It takes a while to find a washer I like then have to search to find its matching dryer. Why not just link to the matching appliance.

Yeah, I know, stupid rant.

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RUGERGUNZ
    I was interested in purchasing a TV but am also considering a new washer and dryer. I can only afford one or the other.

My rant is on any site searching for the washer or dryer it does not show the matching washer or dryer. Normally when someone buys a washer they are usually considering a dryer and vice versa and I would think most people would like a matching set.

It takes a while to find a washer I like then have to search to find its matching dryer. Why not just link to the matching appliance.

If they still work, why try to fix them.?.? Get the TV and don't worry about it.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So is anything worth watching on TV? 600 channels of nothing here. Fix washer/dryer buy new: gun/reloading tools/supplies with tv money
    and go shooting more.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ECC, the only reason I am considering replacing them is I believe the dryer to be causing my power bills to keep increasing. The dryer was used and works ok but it seems to be an energy hog.

I would like to get front load machines and put a laminate countertop over them. They are immediately to the right as you come in the front door and when you put groceries etc on them, stuff falls to the side or behind them. Plus it would look better/more finished with a countertop over them.

I am only looking at energy star rated appliances.
  • Options
    peonpeon Member Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Just got a new washer and dryer. Wifey went to the showroom and researched everything before buying them on one of her trips to the BIG city. Salesperson gave her all the matching model #s. Ordered them on the internet and had them delivered.

One bit of advice. Make sure you order a cord for the dryer. Some reason you have to order the cord separate and attach it. Still don't understand that one.
  • Options
    swearengineswearengine Member Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The reason you need to order the cord separately is because not everyone has the same style electrical outlet.
  • Options
    JohnnylikesgunsJohnnylikesguns Member Posts: 2,887 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by peon

Just got a new washer and dryer. Wifey went to the showroom and researched everything before buying them on one of her trips to the BIG city. Salesperson gave her all the matching model #s. Ordered them on the internet and had them delivered.

One bit of advice. Make sure you order a cord for the dryer. Some reason you have to order the cord separate and attach it. Still don't understand that one.

The reason you,need to attach the power cord is because the dryer
    needs electric power to make it function. Plug it into the outlet sfter you hook it to to dryer.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Johnnylikesguns
    quote:Originally posted by peon

The reason you,need to attach the power cord is because the dryer
    needs electric power to make it function. Plug it into the outlet sfter you hook it to to dryer.

[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    The reason they don't show the matching dryer, is because they expect you to have a REAL wife, who puts the clothes on a clothes line.

She should fall to her knees in gratitude that you don't just give her a rock and a stream with which to do the laundry.

Doug
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    The reason they don't show the matching dryer, is because they expect you to have a REAL wife, who puts the clothes on a clothes line.

She should fall to her knees in gratitude that you don't just give her a rock and a stream with which to do the laundry.

Doug

Now I am just depressed because I don't have a REAL wife.

I would go hang myself but I don't have a clothes line to hang myself from.

[:(][V]
  • Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What I did was go out and get a new set of front loading LG's. Then I drug the old ones out in the pasture and shot the crap out of them.(one dead, the other on last leg). Let the daughter have first crack at both of them with her Henry .22 that looks like the cricket. That was about a year ago and we still go out and shoot them on occasion.(she begs)[:D]
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson

Doug

Now I am just depressed because I don't have a REAL wife.

I would go hang myself but I don't have a clothes line to hang myself from.

[:(][V]

To tell you the truth, I haven't had a helluva lotta luck in getting REAL wives, either !

So, don't feel bad.

Doug
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Sorry; but only a girlie-man would even bring up the subject of washers and dryers in the same conversation with a TV. Doubly so when the girlie-man spends more time discussing the washer and dryer than the TV....[:0][:X][:D][8D][;)][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i could care less if they match, as long as they are equal in load size

i got 15 years out of out last pair, i would be broke if i replaced them each time belt broke or element burnt out

i got my eye on a vizo 50" plasma right now, still got a bit to save up
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost1958

Sorry; but only a girlie-man would even bring up the subject of washers and dryers in the same conversation with a TV. Doubly so when the girlie-man spends more time discussing the washer and dryer than the TV....[:0][:X][:D][8D][;)][:D][:D][:D][:D]

It is only because I already own a TV and surround sound.

I have a 57" Hitachi with a Sony Reciever capable of 110Wx7 channels. I am running 5 speakers, all Infinity Primus and 2 12" powered Infinity Primus 300W RMS subwoofers. I plan to soon upgrade the rear speakers to the same as the fronts and add 2 more to make it 7.1 surround sound and also add 2 more 12" subwoofers that are upgreded to 400W RMS.

I already shake the windows and disturb my neighbor 1/4 mile away. My goal is the neighbor that is 1/2 mile away.

bpost1958, what does your home system look/sound like? [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by diver-rig
    http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2000617124263410762]2000617124263410762_th.jpg
    http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2000633165971647898]2000633165971647898_th.jpg

Nothing says redneck like this![:D]

You wanna buy some unblemished targets???? [:D]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    RG,
    If your dryer is becoming an energy hog, most likely the heating elements need replaced. Cheaper to fix than replace.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost1958

It is only because I already own a TV and surround sound.

I have a 57" Hitachi with a Sony Reciever capable of 110Wx7 channels. I am running 5 speakers, all Infinity Primus and 2 12" powered Infinity Primus 300W RMS subwoofers. I plan to soon upgrade the rear speakers to the same as the fronts and add 2 more to make it 7.1 surround sound and also add 2 more 12" subwoofers that are upgreded to 400W RMS.

I already shake the windows and disturb my neighbor 1/4 mile away. My goal is the neighbor that is 1/2 mile away.

bpost1958, what does your home system look/sound like? [;)]

My closest neighbor is 3/8th mile away. To hell with the TV noise, that is for sissies. [;)] They sure can hear the constant gun fire!!!!!!!!! My .375 H&H shakes the winders a bit fer em' too [:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    davealddaveald Member Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    is the washer dryer on the front or back porch?
  • Options
    EndlssEndlss Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just noticed that my dryer takes 1 hour 50 minutes to do a full dry cycle. I was reading on here and saw your thread. Gotta work at the bar tonight and put some clothes in to dry, checked them at one hour and they are done. If I put it on times dry they wouldn't be done.
    Why the hell does it take and extra 50 minutes of "roll-time" if they are dry in one hour ?
    Think I'm gonna look at energy savers too.
  • Options
    peonpeon Member Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by swearengine
    The reason you need to order the cord separately is because not everyone has the same style electrical outlet.

Man, I knew that but wasn't thinking. Open mouth... insert foot.[B)]
  • Options
    Glock23ExpertGlock23Expert Member Posts: 1,031 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy the TV and hire a Mexican or Chinese on the cheap to do your laundry. [:D]