In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Didnt Winchester Make One Similar To This?

COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
This is a Remington Model 81, did Winchester make a model very similar to this one?
pix595446080.jpg

If so...Model______?

I know the furniture on this one has been redone but the wood is all even or above all the metal, so wasnt sanded too much.
BUT..the forend stock doesnt look quite right to me, and Lord knows I know didly about these guns...thats why the questions..[:D]

The angle at the back of the forend down to the receiver, is that factory original?

I know a lot of rifles back in 19-0-poop, had a Schnabel forend and/or the Beavertail like this one has, the golden years for those two types...did SOME of the forends on the Model 81 evolve over the years of production...or were they ever offered with a different forend stock than this Beavertail forend, ever offered or come with a Schnabel forend, or was the Beavertail forend the only style for this model?

pix487727341.jpg
pix181575787.jpg

Offered w/Factory Peep sight?

Im getting a strong itch for one of these excellent condition...in 100% original FACTORY condition, no extra D & T holes or changed sights...and in a Cal that ammo can be found, doesnt have to be cheap, just avaiable somewhere.

So far Ive seen .25, .30 and 300 Savage...anymore calibers?

Thanks in advance guys...and I dont know squat about these...but have liked 'em for a long time, and no time like the present for a really nice one, just need to know what one in 100% ORIGINAL condition looks like for SURE..thanks again ya'll...[;)]

Comments

• Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    25 cal is rare , they also came in 32 Rem and 35 Rem
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    you mean this? 1905 winchester .35wsl (you can't use .35rem)
    the 1907 was in .351wsl
    the 1910 was in .401wsl
    no other rifles ever used these calibers and ammo production stopped in 1973.
    buffalo bore can make the ammo, but it aint cheap, about $1.68 per round for the .35wsl.[:0]

tom

dscf0223.jpg
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    I had a typo..35 rem NOT 25...happy fingers.

Thanks to all, and for the pic Tom....like yours!

Dennis
    That, would have been one gun I wouldnt have sold...bet your * is bruised from all the self inflicted kicks, mine would be.[:D]

I FINALLY found a site that had the answers to my questions.

They made a TRAIL model that has a short barrel with Lymans peep, sweet!!

Ill check out the Winchesters, thanks ya'll...[;)]