In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Great News From Mexico!!! Extradition Law Changed

zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
edited November 2005 in General Discussion
Until yesterday the Mexican government would not allow
A Mexican to be extradited to the United States IF they
could get the death penalty. There have been a
truckload of American killers living openly there!

The Mexican Supreme Court has ruled that Mexican
citizens who have murdered Americans, hiding in
Mexico CAN NOW BE EXTRADITED!

That's GREAT news for Californians as it's been a
fairly common thing in the past couple of decades
to come north and settle scores, kill cops, murder/rape
and head on back to the protection of the Mexican
government!

This is great news!

Comments

• Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Let's see this enforced before we start dancing, shall we?

I don't trust the Mexican government to do anything decent for us any further than I can throw them.[xx(]
  • Options
    Young Ns GirlYoung Ns Girl Member Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would have been nice a few months ago when an illegal shot two Denver police officers and killed one of them. He ran and was caught in Mexico but they wouldn't extradite unless the Death Penalty was off the table.

The biggest room in the
    world is the room for improvement.
    - unknown
  • Options
    WarMongerWarMonger Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I read this in the paper yesterday and I still dont believe it. I hope its true. There are more than a few murders of american citizens living in mexico scott free. I hope we start extraditing them back now.
  • Options
    NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    A new law needs to be tested in court and against appeals. I hope it holds, as it sounds promising.
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In some ways it may be better to just leave them in Mexico. Costs us a lot less. I Haven't heard about this but I would suspect that these people may have caused enough problems there that the Mexicans want to get rid of them.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...I traveled Mexico many yrs. ago, for three months. Majority of the people will give you their last tortilla, for real. Just treat them right, not as someone beneath you. Very warm people. Now I'm talking out in the country side, small villages here.

...Now the "law", justice system in Mexico is governed from top to bottom by one thing, and one thing only...the GREENBACK. Tis a fact, been there done that...[;)]

"their in front of us,their behind us,their to our left,and to our right...they cant get away from us now boys!"
  • Options
    joeaf1911a1joeaf1911a1 Member Posts: 2,962 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gruntled: Must agree with you. Far as I am concerned nothing worthwhile comes up from Mexico. We need a SMALL quota of legal immigrants that can speak English and be productive. Would anyone here
    immigrate to a forign counry without FIRST learning the language and laws. AND abiding by them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:...I traveled Mexico many yrs. ago, for three months. Majority of the people will give you their last tortilla, for real. Just treat them right, not as someone beneath you. Very warm people. Now I'm talking out in the country side, small villages here.

Funny you mention the tortilla thing! I was just talking about that very same thing
    Thanksgiving, with a couple of friends of mine!

Years ago we were diving, up in the Northern Baja, south of San Felipe, near the
    old sulpher mines (if any of you know where they are). They were played out during
    the Second World War! Nothing left there except the tailings - all buildings gone.

Anyway, we were looking for a way into the beach and we saw a group of sulpher
    scavengers around one of the tailings mounts and stopped to ask them if they
    knew a way in. Our jeeps were loaded with dive gear, fishing gear and LOTS of
    food. We were on a two week dive and this was our first day out.

We asked directions and they gave them. They then asked us to join them for
    lunche! Didn't give it much thought and agreed to join them. We all sat down -
    probably ten of us and fifteen of them and they had insisted that we eat their
    food.

They very carefully unwrapped tortillas wrapped in kleenex and very carefully
    cut each one in half - offering us half! They were, as it turned out, the poorest
    of the poor - which is pretty damned poor, in Mexico!

Now, these guys wrapped rags around their eyes to protect themselves from
    the sulpher dust as they picked away at it - the dust eventually blinds your
    eyes.

We were blown away! We had enough food in the jeeps to feed them and their
    families for probably the better part of a year!

We offered to bring them some food - they looked a little insulted, so we
    made a big to do about their tortillas they had given us.

After thanking them, shaking hands and returning to the jeeps we made a big
    loop and dropped off a lot of food to their families encamped back down the
    road.

Years later a guy stopped me in Bahia de los Angeles and told me he thought he
    recognized me and the jeep. He asked if I had been part of the group that had
    given them the canned food. He said that he was there - a small boy - and that
    because of that his father was able to find work as a fisherman in Puertecitos!

He thanked me, again. Made me feel good for months - told the rest of the guys
    when I got back and they were kinda all smiley for a long time, too!

Pretty neat story.

Tortillas.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ...You got it Zip. Ive lots of fond memories of Mexico,...and a few Id rather forget, but few....[:)]

"their in front of us,their behind us,their to our left,and to our right...they cant get away from us now boys!"
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    Let's see this enforced before we start dancing, shall we?

I don't trust the Mexican government to do anything decent for us any further than I can throw them.[xx(]

Ditto.
  • Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As others have said, I'll believe it when I see Mexico actually start sending them back to the U.S. without strings attached.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I saw the program and I was thinking that they couldnt be extradited if the penalty is death, or Life in prison.. but changed no to Life in prison can be sent back. but no Death penalty ones. could be I heard it wrong..Only if the entence is Life or less[:)].

Those who can make you believe absurdities
    can make you commit atrocities.

Do I give my friends advice? NO, . They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

yo-yo.gifsmilie_flagge13.gifmittelgr124.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    MEXICO CITY - Mexico's Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that suspects facing life in prison can be extradited, overturning a 4-year-old ban that had prevented many of the country's most notorious criminals from being sent to the United States.

A 1978 treaty with the United States allows Mexico to deny extradition if a person faces the death penalty - a restriction that stands under Tuesday's ruling. But the ruling overturns a 2001 Supreme Court decision that blocked extradition of suspects facing life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Capital punishment has been banned by Mexico's constitution since June and was only rarely applied for decades before that. Life sentences are also rare.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/world/stories/113005dnintintfiller.df93d42.html

As it stood Mexico would not allow any capital punishments OR life in prison. It had to
    be a determinate sentence - less than life.

... not anymore! I heard that there are about 3000 that qualify.

I think Mexico doesn't want those murderers running all over Mexico, either!
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    bloviator,

I agree with ya 100%. That goes for China as well, in my opinion.

Zipper,

Glad you passed that along. It's a great and heartwarming story. Thank you.

I hope all concerned took note of the fact that my disdain was for the Mexican government.

Most normal folks, regardless of their nationality, get along just fine.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ...killermonkey, your right. Given the right circumstances, most "normal" (hate that word) people can get along with one another....Da$^, am I sounding like a lib now?... scary[:0]