In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

everybody to boston harbor...

shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
damn this pisses me off, not so much the fact that i drink 5 cokes a day and its gonna cost me more, but the fact that they are using this to pay for health care coverage for EVERYONE, never mind the fact that many of us are paying for our own health insurance now we have to pay for everone elses.

i pay around 850 dollars a month for me,wife,2 kids, can i stop paying, i doubt it[:(!] i sure would like to, it is my biggest monthly expense.

everyone go hijack a coke truck and meet me at boston harbor[}:)]

EDIT- forgot the link[B)]

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/12/senators-consider-soda-tax-help-fund-health-care-overhaul/

Comments

• COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...It hasn't passed yet. I don't know that it's so bad?...kidding.

...Just more liberal spuge and actions to "protect" us from ourselves, the liberal way. Hell, if the Government doesn't make choices for you, who is?
    I love the lib mindset on the "sin" taxes, "to pay for programs", sooner or later the people committing the "sins" tire of the tax and stop buying the taxed item; then, when the "sin" tax money dries up...we get taxed to support their programs that were initially paid for by that particular tax...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif