In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ever feel like...

BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
You are "out of place" when you go in some place? My wife likes to shop at the Whole foods Market for organic stuff. Most times I don't go with her, but when I do I feel like I am the guy with a NRA T-Shirt on at a Green Peace rally.

Comments

• BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    your life isn't going quite the way you had planned it? I think I'm depressed. Is this how a mid-life crisis starts?
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Victoria Secret and the Coach purse stores both give me the willys and make me want to go back out to the truck and wait for her.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,019 ******
    edited November -1
    My wife goes to one them places. It's called "EATS", no kiddin'. If she dallies too long, I start picking up stuff and asking the hippie chick with the hairy armpits "does this give you gas?".[8D]
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    Victoria Secret and the Coach purse stores both give me the willys and make me want to go back out to the truck and wait for her.

yeah! victoria secret gives me wood, i can't go near the place [:)]
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really feel out of place when I go into REI with my camo gear on and ask at the counter where they keep the night crawlers for my fishing trip.
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

They only stare at you because you fondle the manequins.[:0]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by redneckandy

They only stare at you because you fondle the manequins.[:0]

My wife always says it's because I sniff the panties, but maybe your right instead. [:D]
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I feel out of place at Black Panther rallies and nudest colonies.

But I REALLY feel out of place at nude Black Panther colonies...
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Wal-Mart. I feel like I left normal life and entered some bizzaro alternate universe.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Mall has a bad set up with Victori Secrets. Right next door is the Christian Store.
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dnelson457
    My Mall has a bad set up with Victori Secrets. Right next door is the Christian Store.

Nothing wrong with that man....read Song of Solomon...I feel out of place at political rallies or stores designed specifically against freedom or that are Anti-Christian.
    edited November -1
    quote:Wal-Mart. I feel like I left normal life and entered some bizzaro alternate universe.

you got that right! Sometimes you feel like you just walked into an episode of Maury Povich or something.
    http://www.mauryshow.com/index.php?cat=0
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I diagree on Wal-Mart. When I'm in Wal-Mart, I feel normal, not out of place. I will concede to feeling a little out of place at Victoria's Secret. Particularly the time I was in line behind two "wide bodies" that had some very small pieces of material in their hands. I longed to take them aside and whisper "FLANNEL" in their ears.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dreher
    I diagree on Wal-Mart. When I'm in Wal-Mart, I feel normal, not out of place. I will concede to feeling a little out of place at Victoria's Secret. Particularly the time I was in line behind two "wide bodies" that had some very small pieces of material in their hands. I longed to take them aside and whisper "FLANNEL" in their ears.

Look, I'm not being a snob, but Wal-Mart, at least in NE PA, is the biggest weirdo magnet. And there are the "wide loads" wearing spandex and tube tops there, too[xx(].
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes Wal-Mart has plenty of unique individuals here in S.C. also. What I mean is I feel like one of the normal people in a store with it's share "interesting" people.
  • rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Flying Clay Disk
    Wife won't let me go in Whole Foods anymore.

Last time I was wearin' my ropers and straw hat. Started pickin' up stuff and sayin' "Hey hon, looky here at this goofy stuff...says it's made from tree bark!" I'd get the evil eye. Then I walked up to this guy at the tofu counter. "Lemme' have a couple 3lb. Porterhouses and a side of bacon, please." The sandle wearin' dude with the nose-bolt and hula hoop ear lobes behind the counter turned all red and started mumblin' somethin about red meat. I asked "What, can't hear ya, son...what'd ya say?" Wife grabbed me and tells me to shush. I was just warmin' up.

Got in all sorts of trouble in the cereal isle for givin the poor stock boy a hard time about not havin' frosted mini wheats. Hey, that's health food ain't it? Wife ran me out of the joint when I got over to the milk cooler. Ever hear of tofu milk? I never did either. Shoot, they've got more kinds of non-milk than I ever did see. I reckon' it musta' been the question aloud about whether the whole dang place was constructed out of tofu and lemon grass.

Anyway...I ain't allowed in there no more. Well, at least while the wife is inside. But, I'm makin' an appointment to go back on my own soon. Gonna' have me some real fun!

[;)][:D]

Man I'm laughing pretty hard right now...
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A "la-te-da" hair salon..... Believe it or not I was meeting a man to buy a shotgun. Turns out he delivered shampoo and such to the salons and told me to come in and ask for him at the counter.

I stepped inside and suddenly realized EVERYONE was quiet and looking at me. There were about 3 girls at the front desk. Twenty or so customers waiting around and sitting in chairs with the cape around their necks....along with five stylists. For that crowd to be quiet.....dead quiet....was a miracle. I'm not "their type" of girl by any means and it was probobly the talk of the place for days and days.

Its all good though. I'm certain I get along with their husbands....IN A NICE GIRL WAY YOU PERVS!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    A "la-te-da" hair salon..... Believe it or not I was meeting a man to buy a shotgun. Turns out he delivered shampoo and such to the salons and told me to come in and ask for him at the counter.

I stepped inside and suddenly realized EVERYONE was quiet and looking at me. There were about 3 girls at the front desk. Twenty or so customers waiting around and sitting in chairs with the cape around their necks....along with five stylists. For that crowd to be quiet.....dead quiet....was a miracle. I'm not "their type" of girl by any means and it was probobly the talk of the place for days and days.

Its all good though. I'm certain I get along with their husbands....IN A NICE GIRL WAY YOU PERVS!
    YOU OWE ME A NEW KEYBOARD [:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    I have to admit, the "NRA T-Shirt at a Green Peace Convention" was not my quote. I stole it from my copilot on a trip to Colorado. We stopped, and spent the night in Boulder.

After a hard night of drinking and spending $1 bills, we needed some coffee to get us back up to par. A few blocks away was a little coffee shop.

The 4 of us (2 crew chiefs and us) strolled into this place in uniform. We got the same reaction you just spoke of LF. From talkative crowd to dead silence.

So he pipes us and says, "G.D., you woulda thought we wore a NRA T-shirt to a effin Grean peace Rally!"

Slowly things got back to normal. The coffee was pretty good too. [:D]
  • pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PBJloaf
    Wal-Mart. I feel like I left normal life and entered some bizzaro alternate universe.

+1234
  • Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PBJloaf
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]