In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Alabama vs Clemson bcs

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in General Discussion
Alabama will slaughter Clemson for the national championship. Your call?,????. Oakie

Comments

• Options
    randomnutrandomnut Member Posts: 942 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wanna see Bama/OU play again.
  • Options
    texshootertexshooter Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Alabama over Clemson

I would like to see OU and Alabama go for it.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bama has only destroyed two teams by about 35 or more points and that was Louisiana Monroe and Charleston, however, if Saban were to play a more wide open offense, I do believe that they could destroy Clemson. As it stands now they are winning by about 2 TDs a game, minus the two blowouts. Alabama is loaded with 5 star players and I think they would like nothing more that to air the ball out more and run up the score, butSaban plays conservative, with great patience and almost perfect management. So, I expect that Bama would beat Clemson by 4 or 5 points if both teams have a good day of moving and protecting the ball. With a game so close, having to get desperate in the final minutes could result in another TD +. However, if Clemson has their game and Bama turns the ball over Clemson might win.
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by texshooter
    Alabama over Clemson

I suspect that would be a good game, and should it happen the Bama D could blitz often since they constantly substitue it, which could result in turnovers for them. However, Mayfield, is fleet of foot for a QB and his offense is geared to this. It could be a good game, with the difference being Saban's strong points with the great number of 5 star players and patience.
    What's next?
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The more 'bama is favored in the post season, the worse they play.
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    disagree.. blitzing is a sign of desperation usually...if it works its great, but a good offense can beat it more than not.quote:Originally posted by kimi
    Alabama over Clemson

I suspect that would be a good game, and should it happen the Bama D could blitz often since they constantly substitue it, which could result in turnovers for them. However, Mayfield, is fleet of foot for a QB and his offense is geared to this. It could be a good game, with the difference being Saban's strong points with the great number of 5 star players and patience.
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Humor us Clemson people.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops
    The more 'bama is favored in the post season, the worse they play.

[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by discusdad
    disagree.. blitzing is a sign of desperation usually...if it works its great, but a good offense can beat it more than not.quote:Originally posted by kimi
    Alabama over Clemson

Point well taken, but should they match up and they are not stopping the offense, substituting frequently is positive to this end.
    What's next?
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oklahoma is just lucky to be there. It took double overtime for them to beat lowly Tennessee who had them down by 17 points in the 4th quarter. Actually Alabama is lucky to be there too. Tennessee had the lead on them with 6 minutes to go in the 4th quarter.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    Oklahoma is just lucky to be there. It took double overtime for them to beat lowly Tennessee who had them down by 17 points in the 4th quarter. Actually Alabama is lucky to be there too. Tennessee had the lead on them with 6 minutes to go in the 4th quarter.

It's true that Oklahoma is lucky to be there like most teams including Alabama. Consider the fact that Bama barely escaped Tennessee in Tuscaloosa, no less, and the Tide won by fewer points than the Sooners did when they beat the Volunteers at home, overtime aside.
    What's next?
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    how often does the best W-L record win the NCAA BB tourney? its who is hot and rolling strong more than likely. the committee may not admit it, but there is plenty of conjecture a loss or a poor performance early in the season down't count as much as a late season loss/poor game
  • Options
    godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wouldnt think a saban team would be denied two years in a row