In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Look what I found!!! Sometimes you just get lucky!

guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
Went to pick up some computer scrap the other day from one of the company's we haul for. Look what they threw in to fill the truck up!
That's 4 full 1000 foot rolls of cat5E cable + 4 full 1000 foot rolls of T1 100ohm cable. Plus, all the misc length rolls you see in the pic. Sure would like to have the value of all that stuff new! What a day!

beldenwire.jpg

Got Guns?

Comments

• Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    making out like a fat cat aintcha!

Plannin on taking it in covered or burning the plastic off?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jacob2008

No, gonna try to resell it! There is some big bucks sitting there on that table!

Got Guns?
  • Options
    Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guns-n-painthorses
    quote:Originally posted by Jacob2008

No, gonna try to resell it! There is some big bucks sitting there on that table!

Got Guns?
    [:D][:D]

def not cheap!

isnt Cat5e ethernet cable?
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    why would they give that away? is it obsolete?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166
    why would they give that away? is it obsolete?

I think they have switched to cat6 and fiberoptic.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought this was a thread about you finding your shot gun slug, and figured out that 430 yd shot was a miss and you just found someone elses deer they shot..[:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Aw come on now, admit it, you know I'm having a great December!
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Take a clue from the BOFH and use the network cable as a storage medium!

http://members.iinet.net.au/~bofh/newbofh/bofh2apr97.html

:)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iwannausername

I'm not a networking geek, but I know enough about it to see that schitt right there is funny!
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Looks like enough for the makings of a new gun. Sell it quick before Obama takes office.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The whole BOFH series is just fantastic... even if you don't know a lot about computers. Bosses are routinely killed off in elevator accidents, etc. User accounts/files deleted ("Oh, you need more space? Whats your username? *clickity* OK, you've got a whole 10mb now!")

I'm not a networking geek, but I know enough about it to see that schitt right there is funny!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Belden / CDT
    MULTI PAIR, 4 PAIR, 24AWG SOLID, TWISTED PAIR, CATEGORY 5 CABLE, PLENUM RATED SL
    $548.46 (Per 1000 ft. Coil)
    Mfr Part#: 1624P 0081000
    Allied Stock#: 348-0240

Just how many new guns are we talking about!!?????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Holy crap!

Description 2 100 Ohm (T1) Shielded Pair, 1,000 ft Plenum Reel
    L-com Item # TSC9738 Price $895.00
    Manufacturer L-com Your Price 1-9 $895.00
    Availability: 5 Days 10-24 $877.10
    RoHS Status Partially RoHS Compliant Stock (More) 25-99 $859.20

2 100 Ohm (T1) Shielded Pair, 1,000 ft Plenum Reel
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If'n you sell it off, keep several hundred feet and wire your house. I've got 3 jacks at every wall plate - one 100mb network and 2 phone lines. 2 lines run to each jack, terminating in my garage w/ a switch and a punch down plate. I can convert/split the network to a 3rd phone line and still do a 10mb network, or convert it to 4 more phone lines. Also have pull thru strings for coax, in case we need TV in other locations in the future (not likely, easier/cheaper to use MythTV and set up small computers and stream live via network).

I've got wireless, but it is really for mobile stuff while mowing the lawn, at the pool, etc.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If'n you sell it off, keep several hundred feet and wire your house. I've got 3 jacks at every wall plate - one 100mb network and 2 phone lines. 2 lines run to each jack, terminating in my garage w/ a switch and a punch down plate. I can convert/split the network to a 3rd phone line and still do a 10mb network, or convert it to 4 more phone lines. Also have pull thru strings for coax, in case we need TV in other locations in the future (not likely, easier/cheaper to use MythTV and set up small computers and stream live via network).

I've got wireless, but it is really for mobile stuff while mowing the lawn, at the pool, etc.

Yes, I told my son we were keeping one roll for around here. first job, run a phone line over to the workbench in the shop. I hate running 80 feet to answer the stupid phone at the other end of the shop.

Got Guns?
  • Options
    tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    i just wonder if someone put it out thinking of getting it later and you just got to it first[?] i know at the co-op if we stop using something we will scrap the left overs for $$$ good find
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    I thought this was a thread about you finding your shot gun slug, and figured out that 430 yd shot was a miss and you just found someone elses deer they shot..[:D][:D][:D][:D]

L[:D]L! Your gue$$timate yields quite a bit of slugs.[}:)]

Good luck!
  • Options
    westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Yes, I told my son we were keeping one roll for around here. first job, run a phone line over to the workbench in the shop. I hate running 80 feet to answer the stupid phone at the other end of the shop.
    Got Guns?

Technology has already arrived they make cordless phones now.[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tazzer
    i just wonder if someone put it out thinking of getting it later and you just got to it first[?] i know at the co-op if we stop using something we will scrap the left overs for $$$ good find

Nope! Pulled it right out of the storage room on the raised floor. There's even more stuff thats still in the boxes that I have not sorted thru yet.

"Technology has already arrived they make cordless phones now."

Yes, this is true. But with all the steel in the building, and electrical, it seems the cordless phone gets crappy reception when you move around.[;)]

Got Guns?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FEENIX
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks

L[:D]L! Your gue$$timate yields quite a bit of slugs.[}:)]

Good luck!

Those prices are copied from cable vendor's websites. Will we sell for that.... I wish!

Got Guns?
  • Options
    godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good find looks like a new gun to me too.