In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

damn movie mistakes

hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I'm watching rambo 2 where he takes the m60 and starts shooting up the head quarters area. I notices the empties that were landing on the ground still had bullet in them.

Comments

• BlairweescotBlairweescot Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh, don't get stared. There are folks here that think Saving Private Ryan was a failed documentary
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My favorite was the Rambo flick where he is sitting in the cockpit of a Huey, and fires an M-72 LAW thru the windscreen at a Soviet helicopter hovering in front of him.

1. The LAW has a piezo electric fuze for the warhead- hitting the windscreen 3 ft ahead of the launch tube is ungood.
    2. There are friendlys (well, they WERE friendlys) sitting in the rear of the Huey- about 4 ft from the rear of the launch tube. Hmmm- maybe the writers should research the term BACKBLAST.
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    glade i'm not the only one. Wife gets kinda pissy with me when i start pointing out things like that in movies.
  • EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the cowbow movies when the some one has a double barrle shotgun and a bandolier of plastic shells. [:)]
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn, think everyone on here tonight has had a little too much of God's bounty.....[8D]

Gotta agree on the movie mistakes though. After I fired the M-60 in a prone position and that bad boy scooted me back about a foot I knew there was no way you could fire that damn thing from the hip and stay erect.
  • mauser54mauser54 Member Posts: 3,733
    edited November -1
    But, But it's Hollywierd?[?]quote:Originally posted by 11b6r
    My favorite was the Rambo flick where he is sitting in the cockpit of a Huey, and fires an M-72 LAW thru the windscreen at a Soviet helicopter hovering in front of him.

1. The LAW has a piezo electric fuze for the warhead- hitting the windscreen 3 ft ahead of the launch tube is ungood.
    2. There are friendlys (well, they WERE friendlys) sitting in the rear of the Huey- about 4 ft from the rear of the launch tube. Hmmm- maybe the writers should research the term BACKBLAST.
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    Or in the movies when someone is using a captured enemy weapon.
    Rarely happens. Every gun has it's own distinctive report that soldiers become attuned to. Useing an enemy weapon is a good way to get killed by friendly fire.