In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

the difference between Bush and Obama

scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
The Press accused Bush administration of being secretive, not forthcoming with information. Bush went weeks without a press conference especially at the beginning of his term.
We hear from Obama every day, either he is at a town hall meeting a staged presser or meeting with a foriegn leader with a photo op and Q&A session to follow, plus robert gibbs talks to the press everyday.

Bush seldom changed his mind about anything
Obama seems to flip flop hourly

the difference was BUSH didn't say anything until his plan was well determined where obama lets us in on the whole thought process.

I don't know which is worse, I lioke hearing what the president is going to do but it makes me nervous when he changes his mind so often
I imagine BUSH did the same thing, he just didn't make it public.
Y

Comments

• dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Basically Obama is telling his current audiance whatever they want to hear. Different audience, different demands and so on and so forth.The problem is when you tell people what they want to hear instead of what you would like to do the feedback doesn't have much value. The audience is only getting one side of the discussion. Obama is part of the ME generation. Talk is big but there isn't much action. He is attempting to please all of the people all of the time and that isn't gonna happen.I'm not so sure he can even please most of the people most of the time.
  • ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    The difference as I see it is that...

Bush, when attacked, took names and kicked *.

Obama, when attacked, calls Bush names and is an *.

Slight but important difference. Four years of on-the-job training is going to be a disaster. [:(]
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ripley16
    The difference as I see it is that...

Bush, when attacked, took names and kicked *.

Obama, when attacked, calls Bush names and is an *.

Sight but important difference. Four years of on-the-job training is going to be a disaster. [:(]

Everyone warned of that (inclluding obamas vice president and secretary of state)
    Obama talked big during the campaign but found out all his lofty ideas, from Gitmo to the economy don't work in the real world. Usually it is the worker who loses money during their OJT but his ideas are costing us and our kids a realistic shot at a profiatble future.
    I just really hope Americans don't get used to or dependant on all these government programs...
  • blackhawk45blackhawk45 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bush is an AMERICAN, SLOBOMA is a COMMUNIST !!!!!!!!!!!!! JMO
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pfft...very seldom does a politician come forth that isnt full of secrets and dosnt tell everybody whats going on. Sometimes thats neccesary, sometimes its just cause they are corrupt.[:(]
  • River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    Reagan was terrific. He owned the mike, he owned the camera, and the press corp loved him. As an actor and a humorist, he was perfectly comfortable when the lights were on him.

I believe Bush was a far better man than he appeared on TV. He was uncomfortable at press conferences, spoke hesitatingly and defensively, and the press seized upon that.

All politics aside, I'm not sure Obama is much better before the camera. He is a good orator, speaking with confidence and comfortable with the sound of his voice, but does not think quickly on his feet. Take away the teleprompter, and he's a more liberal GWB.

I miss Reagan. His smile, his conservative values, his wit. Could use another one like him, but I'm still waiting.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is quite obvious Bush is a white dude and Obama is darker skinned Duh
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • tpacuriositytpacuriosity Member Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bush didn't seem to have much goin' for him, whereas Obama had an instant feather in his cap......he wasn't Bush! But now that he has had to rest on his own laurels, I can't beleive I'm gonna say this, but I feel like we are worse off now as he seems to pack way more really F'd up things into each and every week than Bush could ever had hoped to. Yeah.....tell me THAT doesn't suk!!!!
  • ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    quote:Bush didn't seem to have much goin' for him, whereas Obama had an instant feather in his cap......he wasn't Bush!

That feather in his cap applies to Bush too because he wasn't Clinton. I was never so happy to see a man leave office as I was to see Bubba vacate the White House...he was a complete disgrace to the country.[V]
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    Bush is honest, cultured and a gentleman. So far, I can't find anything to like about the new guy.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Daddy said you never know THE fool til ue opens mouth[:0]
  • nascarbumnascarbum Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The difference is like day and night. ripley16, truer words were never spoken.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Although GWB made his share of mistakes IMHO, I think he was sincere in his actions. I didn't agree with him on a lot of issues, but I think he was his own man.

BHO...I swear you can see the puppet strings. Manchurian Canidate, indeed.
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RtWngExtrmst
    Bush is honest, cultured and a gentleman. So far, I can't find anything to like about the new guy.
    [:D]
    Bush....Honest?
    IMO the dif between Bush and Obama is that we expect Liberalism from Obama. Bush stabbed us in the back.