Funny...... Mom wants Itunes

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member, Moderator Posts: 29,738 ******
edited May 2017 in General Discussion

Comments

• likemhotlikemhot Member Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think this guy is talking about me...... and I don't even know him or have ever called him
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member, Moderator Posts: 29,738 ******
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D]
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at [email protected]
  • Flying Clay DiskFlying Clay Disk Member Posts: 34,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had that same exact conversation with Mom!

My conversations would go something like this; Mom would call and say

"The box disappeared"

"What box, Mom?"

"You know, the box with the thing in it"

"No Mom, I don't have any idea what you're talking about...what thing in what box???"

"The little box with the green thing inside of it that you click on", she'd say.

"Mom, I don't even know of a green thing on your computer, let alone one in a little box. What were you doing when you found this?"

"I wasn't doing ANYTHING! I didn't do anything at all!! I didn't goof it up, I swear; the box just isn't there now!! I just walked up and the box was gone. I told your father the same thing, and he just said I broke it, so I called you. I did NOT break it!" she'd say, all defensively.

"Mom...stop! Just take a breath, and calm down. I'm not suggesting you did anything, I'm just trying to understand what the heck you're talking about!", I'd say.

"Here, you father wants to talk to you. I'm putting him on"

"But...but..."

Dad: "Bob, I don't know what the hell she did, but I'm gonna' throw that infernal computer out the window! That damn thing is going to give me a nervous breakdown! I get so mad when she starts using that thing I don't know whether I want to s# or go blind!", Dad would say, and then he'd hand the phone back to Mom.

Mom: "Your father just doesn't understand this interwebz thing...you know, like how we do"

Me: <THUD> "Like 'we' do????

Mom: "What?"

Me: "Ummm, nevermind. Okay, what little box?"

Mom: "You know the box that popped up when you clicked on the green thing and...." <BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP> <click>

Me: "Mom??? Hello??? You there??? What the...????"

<phone rings>

Me: "Hello? Mom?? What hap...??"

Mom: "Hee-hee-hee, sorry about that! The box that popped up on the computer said 'Click OK', but I accidentally pushed the number 3 on the phone by mistake, and then hung up thinking it was the mouse button."

Me: "Mom, have you and Dad been drinking again? I know you really wan..."

Mom: "I don't know what you did, but it's working fine now. The little box is back, but there's three of them now...so I'm all good. Thanks for your help!"

Me: "Mom, what the heck are you...

Mom: "Thanks a bunch. Love you, honey. Gotta go. Talk to you soon, Byyyyeee"

<click>

Me: <sobbing and laughing at same time>

It would go like this every time. Every single time! My mother could literally break the Internet. Her computer and the Internet only work out of sheer FEAR of what she might do to them by randomly doing s# until she just frightens them into working again!

I'm not kidding either!
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member, Moderator Posts: 29,738 ******
    edited November -1
    Ha ha ha!!! Too funny!

My brother works on computers and my mother called him....he told her to click on that box in the corner....then look for "start" on the screen. She couldn't find it because she had "clicked the box on the corner" and it had turned her monitor off.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at [email protected]