In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

That's it,leaving the butchering to her,,

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,094 ******
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
Denise usually does all the butchering on the deer. My job is to have them skinned,and keep the knifes clean and sharp.
Working on 2 does that are hanging. Other night I thought I'd help and start cutting. Cut the tip of my right thumb open. Tonight,yep,I'm gonna help cut. Right through the knuckle of middle finger on right hand. Probably could use a stitch or two but they give shots in the wound to do that. So,no stitchy for me. Band aid and tape tight.
I'm done as a butcher.[V][V][V]

Comments

• Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like my BiL...he's an expert at making himself bleed.

Hope you heal quickly, Joe.
  • Options
    WMClarkWMClark Member Posts: 821
    edited November -1
    My days of butchering are done. I have a local guy to take care of it. With a 10mg dose of the blood thinner warfarin daily I don't even shave anymore. Even a little nick on me seems to take forever to stop bleeding.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,094 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WMClark
    My days of butchering are done. I have a local guy to take care of it. With a 10mg dose of the blood thinner warfarin daily I don't even shave anymore. Even a little nick on me seems to take forever to stop bleeding.
    I can understand those precautions. Got a buddy quite a bit older than I, that is on thinners also. When he gets cut or nicked its a gusher.
  • Options
    tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WMClark

Im getting that way myself, on 10mg a day of eliquis and not does it seem that I bleed like a stuck hog it also seems to take for ever to heal now that im on them.
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by guntech59
    Sounds like my BiL...he's an expert at making himself bleed.

Hope you heal quickly, Joe.

Yep. Sounds just like me. Got the scars to prove it. [:0][B)][V]
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have always been told a sharp knife won't hurt as bad as a dull knife not sure I believe that they all hurt the sharp ones just cut quicker on us too

I cut up two deer this year only a small cut on hand thought I done good

heal up soon Joe
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey

Hummmmmmm !!!

Lorena Bobbitt in training ??? !!!! ,,,,,,,,[:D][}:)][:D]

[:I][:D]
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,435 ******
    edited November -1
    Pretty sure that they do make a special protective glove for sharp knife work. Kind of like a light weight chain mail using modern materials that prevent going too deep into the skin when the knife slips. Remember seeing it advertised for folks that do a lot of fish cleaning using razor sharp filet knives.

Anyway, Montanajoe, you are living the life in the great white north. Doing what the natives have been doing for centuries. Killing game and bringing it home to the "squaw" [:0] to take care of![:D][:D]

Ya! That will go over real good for all of these modern PC folks!!
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be sure to keep that cut clean. You don't want it to get infected, and end up like it did for this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQYEKdW6PGY
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,716 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry you hurt yourself.....a cut like that seems to hurt more than a more serious injury just because of the location. I feel for you!

I don't know how it is anywhere else....but here I seem to be a better carver of things because I get EVERYTHING that might be of use. Like at Thanksgiving.....if Larry carves the Turkey I can come behind him and get another big pile of meat off the bird.....same with rotisserie chickens.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com