In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Uh, Okay. You Can Pawn That.

p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
edited November 2006 in General Discussion
Never ceases to amaze me what people will bring in.

The Alabama Gulf Coast is lush semi-tropical green restricting most shots to less than 35 yards unless cleared by man.

Imagine my surprise when a fellow brings in a Remington 700 in 7mm STW. The really odd thing is the 26 inch barrel is ONE AND A QUARTER INCHES IN DIAMETER. It has a monster scope on it and is waaaaaaaaaay too long range for around here.

If he don't come back for it, expect to see it on GB.

Comments

• Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking

The Alabama Gulf Coast is lush semi-tropical green restricting most shots to less than 35 yards unless cleared by man.

Imagine my surprise when a fellow brings in a Remington 700 in 7mm STW. The really odd thing is the 26 inch barrel is ONE AND A QUARTER INCHES IN DIAMETER. It has a monster scope on it and is waaaaaaaaaay too long range for around here.

I've had the pleasure of handloading for and shooting a friend's 7mmSTW (Savage hvy bbl)
    Man that's a varmint gun!
    That you could use on elk.
    I'd like to see what that monster you've got in your shop will print at 500 yards.
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What fun would practical only rifles be?
    Maybe he shot 1000yd matchs
    Put it up, Ill bid
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How much $ was he looking for?
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking

I've had the pleasure of handloading for and shooting a friend's 7mmSTW (Savage hvy bbl)
    Man that's a varmint gun!
    That you could use on elk.
    I'd like to see what that monster you've got in your shop will print at 500 yards.

no, that's a long range elephant gun that you could use on varmits.[;)]
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drobs
    How much $ was he looking for?

He didn't sell it, he pawned it. He has a total of 60 days to redeem it or it becomes mine. For obvious reasons the dollar amount involved must remain confidential.
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    quote:
    He didn't sell it, he pawned it. He has a total of 60 days to redeem it or it becomes mine. For obvious reasons the dollar amount involved must remain confidential.

yeah, but hypothetically, what would a person be offered as a pawn value in an area near but not too near(but also not too far) a shop roughly similar in properity run by an owner of equal but not identical persona to a certain poster on this board fo that particular piece?????
  • Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    yea,what he said...[:D]
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know whats funny....in my back room is a Winchester EXACTLY like that!!! What are the odds that TWO of these are in pawn shops in Alabama!!!! Small world.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    You know whats funny....in my back room is a Winchester EXACTLY like that!!! What are the odds that TWO of these are in pawn shops in Alabama!!!! Small world.

Are you guys married?
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Larry????
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com