In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Honey is listed!

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,687 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this a pic of the actual honey I will receive?[;)]
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Looks clear. Were they spun on a centrifuge?
  • Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had it...It is great stuff
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag

just wait till I start my hives

ghost pepper honey

yes I said ghost pepper, I will infuse it will ghost peppers, a bit of honey comb, and best of all the pollen will be from ghost pepper plants [:D]
  • Options
    diver-rigdiver-rig Member Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dibbs! Thanks Kasey!
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D]
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The last time I bought honey from Kasey, it didn't come with the original factory box ....... just sayin. [:D][:D]
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    when i buy honey, i buy it by the 5 gal. bucket, give me a price for that amount.

thank you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by USN_Airdale
    when i buy honey, i buy it by the 5 gal. bucket, give me a price for that amount.

thank you.

I have sold several cases to a local person that makes mead. I don't have enough this year to sell by the case, but a friend of mine that has more hives than me does. There are 12 jars in a case....and if you buy the whole case you can get it for $15 per jar. I'd have to check on what shipping would be....probably two large flat rate boxes would work. Honey is HARD to ship....you think you just pad the jars really well and everything is fine....but no, its not that easy!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

ghost pepper honey

yes I said ghost pepper, I will infuse it will ghost peppers, a bit of honey comb, and best of all the pollen will be from ghost pepper plants [:D]

Funny you should mention that. A local pizza place make a honey-habanero sauce that is amazing and they drizzle it on their pizza. I asked how they make it. They cut up some habaneros and put them in honey. Boil the honey, then drain it so the habaneros get taken out. Voila, a sweet and spicy sauce that is amazing.
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by AzAfshin
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

ghost pepper honey

Funny you should mention that. A local pizza place make a honey-habanero sauce that is amazing and they drizzle it on their pizza. I asked how they make it. They cut up some habaneros and put them in honey. Boil the honey, then drain it so the habaneros get taken out. Voila, a sweet and spicy sauce that is amazing.

Boiling honey is not a good idea. High temperatures exert a negative impact on almost every aspect of what makes honey delicious and nutritious. Aside from lessening the appeal of its color, fragrance and flavor, boiling honey destroys the natural properties that can allow it remain unspoiled for literally thousands of years.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes....pasteurizing your honey kills the "good stuff" in it....but that sounds really good. I like spicy things....even though it doesn't like me!
  • Options
    Da-TankDa-Tank Member Posts: 4,074
    edited November -1
    I just wash peppers and slice them thin, mix into honey and let set for a few weeks. Works great for jalapinos.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kasey, do you sell any with the combs in it?????? If so, can you sell me one for a friend and ship directly to her???? Oakie
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We robbed the hives one year and took comb....it was SUCH a pain and it really puts a huge load of work on the bees to make comb each year. So, we just take the tops off and spin the honey out....leaving the comb for the bees.