In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Jamie Foxx

rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
That dude can sing some George Strait!

Anyone else see the awards show?

Awesome.

Comments

• bandcollectorbandcollector Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He shouldn't be allowed to sing anything that has been sang or for that matter even thought about by George.
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was really good. Enjoyed seeing all the stars sing George's songs, but not as good as he sings. He is my all time favorite. I saw a sign once somewhere, "If you're not God, or George Strait, wipe your feet." My sentiments exactly. I can't recall a single song of his that I didn't like. It's the honest way he sings'em, I know he doesn't write them. But he sure picks the right ones.
  • 320090T320090T Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Don't make me come over there and love you, cause I will". That's my favorite. It has healed many a squabble with my wife.
  • rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    yep, i watched it, jamie fox didn't impress me any,,,as soon as he started talkin he started in with the i'm black crap, when are these folks gonna realize that we can see what color they are..they need to get off of it, and get on with just doing a good job[V]
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He's no George Strait, but I'll give credit where credit is due.

He done good.[;)]

Most often, there are no renditions better than the original, but Foxx did the song justice; more than I can say for others who have attempted remakes.

I was flipping through the channels a few months ago, and Celine Dion was 'singing' (and I use that term loosely) her version of AC/DC's 'You Shook me all Night Long'.

It sucked big donkey 'units'. She should have immediately had the mic taken from her, and be banished from ever picking it up again as punishment for butchering a perfectly good tune. She should have been pelted by tomatoes; belay that: baseballs. I do not know who put the silly idea in her head that she was somehow on the level of Brian Johnson or Bon Scott, but whomever it was should have their tongue removed to prevent them from giving any more schitty advice in the future.[:(!]

And yes, it was that painful. I was alone when I saw it, but if someone had been there with me, and I could've secured a couple of #2 pencils, I would have sharpened them, inserted them in my ear canals, and had the other person punch each pencil squarely on the eraser end to put me out of my misery. 'Just turn it off', right? Nope, there is no turning it off. When you hear something that horrendous, you rememeber it. It haunts you. It sticks in your mind.

Don't believe me? Hear it for yourself, if you dare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM_vh6KuGqo

DISCLAIMER: I shall not be held responsible for the smoking hole in your computer screen after you shoot it or for those who aspirate their own vomit after listening to this garbage.

The one bright spot is the certainty that she has earned herself a spot in the hot place for this.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tomahawk
    as soon as he started talkin he started in with the i'm black crap, when are these folks gonna realize that we can see what color they are..they need to get off of it, and get on with just doing a good job[V]

I agree. Could've done without the whole 'black vs white' thing; just come out and sing the damn song.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Missed it,.....might be cause I can't stand Jamie Foxx, and I'm also not into country music.[:D]

I know my mom likes George Strait though!
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • sundvlaa15sundvlaa15 Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    After that "RACIST" crap job he did on his Radio Show about Miley Cyrus! HE GETS NO PLAY OR VIEWING IN THIS HOUSE! Muted him for his entire Apperance. I guess he was his USUAL RACIST SELF![V]

I'm actually SUPRISED that I NEVER heard anything about Billy Ray
    Speaking UP![:0]

If it were MY DAUGHTER!!![}:)]
  • elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He is a racist, so was Redd Foxx with two x's. Being of Germanic descent I could not say what they have said and gotten away with it. Eddie
    edited November -1
    lol, he's no more racist than most of the folks on gunbroker is.

bunch of hypocrites.

The dude can sing.
  • trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by sundvlaa15
    [

I think Billy Ray might have enough sense to not bark for the dog ![}:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trapguy2007
    Originally posted by sundvlaa15
    [

I think Billy Ray might have enough sense to not bark for the dog ![}:)]

Billy Ray DID speak up and was pissed. Jaime Foxx apologized I think.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw his apology.....that was a poor excuse for one. He pretty much joked around and hinted that what he said was wrong.....never really apologizing at all.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com