In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NR seller

matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
How much is too much to risk on one? Any kinda escrow services out there you guys have used? This is for a firearm, so Paypal is out, not sure if they help you get monies lost back or not?

Comments

• fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    EVERYONE started with NR... Gotta start somewhere!!
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    EVERYONE started with NR... Gotta start somewhere!!

ya but most start as buyers not sellers. I have bought two guns from NR sellers and never got burnt ( knock on wood ). But i'm still very leary. I usally ask for a phone number and talk to the person before sending money. I also do a reverse look up on the number to make shure it matches the name and address in there payment info.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,913 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't buy a whole lot on line....but if it were me I would send the seller a question and ask them to give you a call. I know after speaking to people you get a good "feel" for what you are dealing with.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com