In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

B'HAM gunshow

legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Anyone go today? Is the ammo guy there? I plan to HOARD some ammo, might even do something evil and sell it on GB for an evil profit[}:)]

Comments

• legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    Who's going? Ill be there, got to find a replacment for my guns that were stolen.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,913 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is the ammo guy there.....that is just funny. How MANY ammo guys are there is a better question.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • MFinnMFinn Member Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last time I went, March I believe, there was no shrtage of ammo, AMMO GALORE. Reloading area was covered up, big time.
    edited November -1
    i call him the ammo guy i think his biz is called ammo depot. this guy has 20+/- pallets of ammo
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine wanted me to order a bunch of ammo and us take it to the gun show. I just CANNOT see where the ammo market would be something you would just want to dabble in. Its either go big or don't go at all.....and that isn't what my plans are geared toward right now. I don't see where I can focus on getting the store going and buy a ton of ammo. It might have made a little money, but I don't see it being worth the GIANT hassle.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont enjoy gun shows the way I used to can't find great deals in old piles anymore
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    A friend of mine wanted me to order a bunch of ammo and us take it to the gun show. I just CANNOT see where the ammo market would be something you would just want to dabble in. Its either go big or don't go at all.....and that isn't what my plans are geared toward right now. I don't see where I can focus on getting the store going and buy a ton of ammo. It might have made a little money, but I don't see it being worth the GIANT hassle.
    Kasey, when and where will you store be at??
    edited November -1
    I've been talking to people in Gardendale. I like that area and I think it will do well there. Right now I am in the "buy/sell" part of getting things done. I have some things in the works trying to get money up.....once I know more what I have to spend I will start getting inventory. I plan on trying to start this fall. Somewhere around August/September. The people I have spoken with about rent seem to be INSANE! The average is $1500 per month for a small store....and these places have been empty for months! I wonder if they realize the economy is in the toilet.....or if I just seem like I don't know what I am doing when they deal with me. Either way....I will probobly wait to nail down a location to the last minute.
    edited November -1
    I've been talking to people in Gardendale. I like that area and I think it will do well there. Right now I am in the "buy/sell" part of getting things done. I have some things in the works trying to get money up.....once I know more what I have to spend I will start getting inventory. I plan on trying to start this fall. Somewhere around August/September. The people I have spoken with about rent seem to be INSANE! The average is $1500 per month for a small store....and these places have been empty for months! I wonder if they realize the economy is in the toilet.....or if I just seem like I don't know what I am doing when they deal with me. Either way....I will probobly wait to nail down a location to the last minute.
    Keep negotiating, Gardendale should be a good place, nothing between Bham and Cullman, I would be a frequent visitor [:D]
    edited November -1
    quote: A friend of mine wanted me to order a bunch of ammo and us take it to the gun show. I just CANNOT see where the ammo market would be something you would just want to dabble in. Its either go big or don't go at all.....and that isn't what my plans are geared toward right now. I don't see where I can focus on getting the store going and buy a ton of ammo. It might have made a little money, but I don't see it being worth the GIANT hassle

its worth it. I get 900rds of Lake City 5.56 for $385 after tax. It sells $500+/- on GB. Iwish I could get it for their price but then you have to buy 100 case min.But small lots make good money.

What I paid
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=127480439

What I made
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=127777999
    edited November -1
    Yes, I bought 800 rounds .380, sold then on two 400 round lots on GB, made $160.
  • Astro MikeAstro Mike Member Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

You should come up here to Athens [:D].
    edited November -1
    It is an uphill battle when you are trying to get a store going. I have soooo much that I have to get. I have "some" guns....but nowhere NEAR what I need. On top of that I have to get all the cleaning kits, brushes, some holsters, slings, scope mounts and rings, and other mess that people expect to be in a gun store. I have about half of the counters that I should have and it looks like my rent will be TWICE what I was expecting to be able to get someone down to. I just can't be spending a ton of money on ammo right now. I have too much other ahead of me to take any big projects on.... If I had more accomplished that I need to do I would be buying up cases of ammo for certain.