In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Range Report (Locust Fork you want to read)

BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
This post is about guns, shooting guns, blood and having fun blowing stuff up. If you were expecting other General Forum Topics stop here now. [:D]

So, I finally got to the the range with that nice little .300 Savage Remington Model 81 I got from Locust Fork. Niiice!!! I have a nice bruise on my shoulder to prove I put 20 rounds through it! You were right about the recoil. Mighty fun to shoot though. It did turn some heads at the range. Let 3 people shoot it and more than that admired it. Thanks again for listing that one.

Also fired my carry gun, as always at that range and I did manage to get wounded. Not like you think. I got a puncture would on my trigger finger, of all places, from the staples I used on my silhouette. Felt pretty damn stupid. I managed to bleed all over my target as I was trying to get it back in place. Looked like I really killed the poor thing.

Now for the most fun part: I broke down and got a GSG-5 a few days ago. I gotta tell ya, that thing is some serious fun. I put about 500 rounds through it and I was ready to go back and buy more ammo (range was closing though). Speaking of 22LR ammo, as I was buying that box of 550 rounds, they were marking the $19 boxes up by $10 a box! Even shooting .22 is going to get expensive!

gsg-5-sd-poster.jpg

Comments