In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

locust fork?

shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I know you were having some problems at your old shop and were thinking of going out on your own. Did you work things out at the old shop or are you working from your own shop now? I have missed the post since then. Either way I try to support you when I can.

Comments

• shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i just reread the article in "shooting industry" mag today(a mag automatically sent to most manufacturors, distributers and ffl dealers of firearms and shooting equipment), and they did an interview with a lady in birmingham alabama which i think is your name, was that you?

they didnt talk much about you just a couple paragraphs but it was good for you just to be in their.

just curious[:)]
    edited November -1
    Did that gun ever show up that you mailed?
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've talked to a LOT of people. I'm kind of a big mouth! It was probobly me....I haven't spoken to them in quite a while so I thought nothing had come of it. Did you get a chance to see the thing that Gun Broker had at the Shot Show? There was a little advertisment featuring sellers that use the site....I hated that picture...but I hate ALL of my pictures.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Ifn' it was her, I suspect she woulda already been on here to let us know.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by matwor
    Ifn' it was her, I suspect she woulda already been on here to let us know.

oh really, i didnt see where she mentioned it because i dont think she did.

i even posted a link to the article in the past, give me a minute and ill find it again.
    edited November -1
    Not really....

Every once in a while I get a call and it will be some magazine or club wanting to know if I have a minute to answer a few questions. These things usually only take a few minutes so, I don't mind. I went a little "overboard" when I was dealing with the interviewer for Gun Broker though. I was soooo excited when they contacted me that I sent a HUGE e-mail singing their praises. Next thing you know I had someone asking for a picture......(that is when my bubble burst a little.) I may hire a model for anythng anyone asks for from now on. OR.....go hide.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
    edited November -1
    sorry if it embarasses you but i think you did fine, they only used a few of your quotes[:)]

here it is:

http://shootingindustry.com/Pages/OutdoorMarketplace.html

you gotta click on the "click here"below the article for it.
    edited November -1
    I was very flattered that they were using my input. I do really think that Gun Broker has changed the landscape for firearms. People have so many more options as far as buying AND selling because of Gun Broker.