In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Caprica

CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
I am a big fan of BSG and waited with anticipation for the new series Caprica to start, not that I have watched all of the current episodes, I have to admit I'm disappointed. I'm tired of the teeny boppers and the virtual night club scenes, I want to see more Cylons and learn how the humans and cylons came to wage war. The storyline now is boring and not what I had hoped for. I sure do miss Caprica 6, played by Tricia Helfer, maybe they need to get her written into this new series to liven things up a bit. She was hot!

Comments

• Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Watched the pilot and the second episode last night on the DVR. Damn, I didn't want to get hooked on another show, but looks like I am....
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    That stuff is way too far-fetched for me to even consider looking at.
    Just sayin..
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I thought it started well enough but agree, it's getting bogged down. Nothing much has happened since the pilot and now half the season is gone.

Plus the back story on Bill Adama is rather disappointing. I don't care about his Tauron heritage, tell me how he gets to be a great officer in the colonial fleet. Like a line "I'm going to avenge my sister's death by joining the military and fighting against people like these terrorists when I get older."
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,685 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are also watching it. I have all the same complaints that you guys are saying. It seems they are gearing this show toward the WRONG crowd??? Its like they forgot who the demigraphic is for Battlestar and are trying to "real in" the people that watch Desperate Housewives and Degrassi.

What is up with the wardrobe??? Every 15 yr old girl is wearing a dress that some 27 year old would wear to a nightclub. No teenage girl that I know of wears dresses at all any more....much less this crazy bar-hopping gear they have them in.

I'm still watching it....but its only because there isn't anything else on. When the new seasons start for all the other shows we like (which is this month) I will have to see if we stick with Caprica.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com