In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

strange school assignment

scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Pueblo county high school 9th graders were given an assignment to use their creative juices to illustrate an act of terrorism a foriegn government might use to bring down the United States. These stories are given to the DHS to provide them scenarios to train and plan against.
If the child misdirected his (or her) efforts to favor a plan on how to attack the school (colombine style) they could be expelled!

what do you think? should our DHS really need kids to think up ides on how to attack the country or should they ask our kids to even think of such things?

Comments

• spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166
    Pueblo county high school 9th graders were given an assignment to use their creative juices to illustrate an act of terrorism a foriegn government might use to bring down the United States. These stories are given to the DHS to provide them scenarios to train and plan against.
    If the child misdirected his (or her) efforts to favor a plan on how to attack the school (colombine style) they could be expelled!

what do you think? should our DHS really need kids to think up ides on how to attack the country or should they ask our kids to even think of such things?
    Why not? Our government is using childish means to defend our nation. Might as well go to the source to find other ideas.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it is so evident from their lack of action on our borders that ANY practice scenario would have to be a benefit..
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMNSHO they are not tutoring those kids as much as they are developing a mind-set in them.
    [:(!]barto[:(!]
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    The idea has merit, but not the restrictions...
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Getting Obama elected is the most obvious example that I can think of.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,554 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    its a trap!!!!!
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know what they think they will learn from doing an assignment like that. I don't think that it was the best choice, but I think they probobly had more kids take this assignament seriously and complete it than if it were given on "ways to save energy" or another boring topic.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    well it was a homework assignment...if your 9th grader came home and said hey dad (or mom) I gotta come up with a plan to bomb the US as if I am a terrorist...your first thought is to help them, you know, with their assignment. SO you say, what if the terrorists...blah blah blah...and you come up with the idea. then little johnny or julie writes the paper goes back to class and explains how his or her dad or mom really came up with the idea...Hmmm, so youre guilty of conspiracy to commit.
    Why do they need to drag kids into it? why even scare children they get enough of it from TV. This is another one of those things that makes you wonder what this government is really up to.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two out of three of mine are twisted enough to come up with their own plan....and I'm pretty shure the school knows it. [:o)] (note the clown face guys....before you start harping on my kids)
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com