In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Question about this auction

shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,811 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Its more of a rhetorical question, because frankly I don't think people understand marketing....check out this item....128831916...the seller is selling a used handgun...okay that's fine...but in the description he says that gun may need cleaning and lube....may need cleaning and lube? How long does it take to clean a handgun? Why would you #1 say that...and #2 why wouldn't you have your item in the best possible condition in order to get the most money....I guess my expectations are too high....

Every gun I've sold has been in as good a condition as it could possibly be...I just find that irritating that you will take the time to tell a buyer the gun needs to be cleaned, here's an idea...clean it before you sell it???

Comments

• LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You will have auctions like that..

Most of the ones around here that needs to get rid of a pistol quickly will just throw it in a river somewhere.
  • mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be like trying to sell a car with 4 flat tires!
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have sold a dirty gun before. I had 35 guns come in all that I wanted to list on line. I wanted them to end on the weekend.....so, I had a couple days to get them ALL on line. It isn't a perfect world. If it only needs a little cleaning....then think of it as a blessing for the buyer. The seller COULD clean it and get the most out of it...but you are going to save money because of his lack of time he has to do a better job. Some people just try to do what they can.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,811 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Selling quantities of guns that you picked up as Dealer is one thing...especially if you are stating you selling a large amount of guns...HOWEVER this seller is portraying himself as a selling a personal gun because he is moving to Chicago...not quite the same situation as you are citing...I just think its kinda of silly...I like the input though.....

For Sale....Glock 19...dragged it down the street behind my Dodge...its had 100,532 rounds through it, never cleaned it, magazines missing base plates, no front sight, and some minor rust on the barrel....$600 OBO!!! J/K
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,914 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glocks are sooo funny. Everyone knows some way to get the law enforcement discount....an employer or buddy that has a way to buy them for $315. I just don't understand why some are priced so high. Wholesale on them is $479 to $529 and has been the same for years and years.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com