In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My New Gun

MarnerMarner Member Posts: 2,977
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Anyone know where i can get a new hammer for it. For 275.00 I could not pass it up.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=78304531

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    It's my first new gun in a couple of years. I'm excited. I'm Picking it up tomorrow. I've declared war on the damn tree rats and this little baby and I are going to that war. And there is no shortage of ammo to worry about or to interfere with my goal of ridding my domain of those vermin. Here's the LINK check it out. Bet y'all are envious.[:D]
  • Options
    burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    Knocks out the dreaded, dog food stealing grackel from 30' with no problem. The only time I get noticed is when I forget to jump the fence and pick up the ones that fall on the other side. Get the high dollar pellets, they are worth it.......... I just can't figure out how to relaod them [;)][;)][;)]

Congrats on your buy![:D]
  • Options
    dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    it looks ok marner, and 1200ft per second should hurt the little buggers, the only thing i don`t go much on is the automatic safety...i wonder if it could be disabled and be turned into a manual one?...it`s a small point, but one that would annoy the teeth out of me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Picked up the rifle today. Quite pleased with it. I don't find the auto safety feature objectionable. When cocking the safety is applied but from then on it's manipulted off and on manually as normal. I had an inexpensibe Bushnell 3-9 installed. Helps with these old eyes as now with open sights it seems I have a choice of seeing the sights clearly (with glasses off) or the target clearly (with glasses on) - but not both at the same time. It's been bore sighted but still have to zero it. Should be fun. The last air rifle I had was a Daisy Red Ryder when I was about 12 or 13.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be careful, don't shoot your eye out! [:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    that's a good looking gun.I didn't even know stoeger made air rifles[:I] (I have one of their double barreled coach guns that's very well made).
    is it single cock for 1200 fps?
    what's the cost, if you don't mind my asking?
    tom
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    make sure and get some of the PBA ammo
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It be as loud as a 22 rimfire.
  • Options
    Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RobOz
    indeed
  • Options
    bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1

Airgun silencers are not subject to NFA rules and regulations.[;)]
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    I've got one of the gamo rifles with a "sound supressor" its alot quiter then other spring guns I've shot. It has the same advertised velocity with alloy pellets. the gamo came with a scope and mount, I'm glad it did because the plastic iron sights are pretty much just for show.

Shoots pretty well inside 30-35 yards, generally I can hit a black bird at that distance.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigtire

Airgun silencers are not subject to NFA rules and regulations.[;)]

It is hard to silence a spring piston.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Very nice lookin rifle, only draw-back i see is "MADE IN CHINA"..[xx(]
  • Options
    burdz19burdz19 Member Posts: 4,145
    edited November -1
    yes, I can make my 22 a little less noticable with a plastic bottle than the air gun. [8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Very nice lookin rifle, only draw-back i see is "MADE IN CHINA"..[xx(]

Yea but designed in Italy...anyway how else could they sell it for $129.00 Cdn.?...eh? [;)]
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Good point...sad, folks won't pay the extra 20-30 bux for Italian or US made...[:(]