In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

first aid kit

Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
im trying to put together a good first aid kit to keep in my truck. ive got the essentials down im pretty sure(bandaids alcohol whipes and such). what are somethings i might not think of? not looking to make a mabile hospital here just something to treat non life threatening injuries? im thinking something like this would be more the suffecient. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MHR328-1.html

Comments

• Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1
    I am building a first aid kit to take camping and for my BOB. I have almost all the components but I have nothing to put it in. what do you suggest, I need it to be able to attach it from one bag to another.
    edited November -1
    I would like to know what items an emt or a nurse would like to see in an average kit?I have a kit that has the basics.How bout yours? What do I need to add to mine?........Now if you will excuse me,Im going to my local bar and get drunk.
    edited November -1
    thinking of survival or emergency supplies for a number of reasons so was looking at these kits...jeez... one $150 kit didn't even list a pair of scissors ?????????...would spend up to $200 for a comprehensive kit as one here is rn-arnp and could handle a lot of situations if need be...appreciate any knowledgeable recommendations...thanks
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,026 ******
    edited November -1
    Depends. Are you and BOB just friends, or what?
  • NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    For you BOB sealed up in a vacuum bag.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You cant have enough Gauze, and feminine napkins are excellant to apply to bleeding and wrap. I bought a bigger kit myself for my cruiser it has anything you might run into in the field in it. Im also an EMT and sometimes arrive on the scene of MVA's before EMS and I use my kit frequently. Always remember to restock.
    edited November -1
    I was actually thinking of getting a ams bag for the trunk of my car but I might go with a molle medic pouch and try to stuff everything in there.
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    mine has whiskey, lots of whiskey[;)][:D]
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would highly suggest buying a first aid kit.

Campmor has many to choose from. I have carried their Comprehensive kit for years and like it a lot. Neat thing about Campmor kits is the book that comes with them that give tons of information on preforming first aid.

My advice. Always carry a larger first aid kit than you think you will need they are light weight considering. Goes back to the ole "Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it" adage.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Iwas gonna say molle medic, that's prob. u'r best bet.