In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

legal responsibility of Selling Ammo

ammoblammoammoblammo Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I've just started selling ammo online and was wondering what the general consensus was on sellers legal responsibility. What do you do to sell ammo?

1) How do I check if its legal to send ammo to there city, state?
2) Should I require photo id copy and adult signature, one or both?

For those who sell ammo on gunbroker.com. What do you do?

Thanks!

Comments

• Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
  • Oklahoma223Oklahoma223 Member Posts: 2,648 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ammoblammo
    I've just started selling ammo online and was wondering what the general consensus was on sellers legal responsibility. What do you do to sell ammo?

Thanks!

Don't you think it would have been appropriate to ask this BEFORE you started to sell online?
  • JohnnylikesgunsJohnnylikesguns Member Posts: 2,887 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ammo? what is that?

No firearms here

all lost in the lake.

CGR lost ours along with hers too
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First you have to get a signed statement that they promise to never shoot the ammo at anything other then federally approved targets.
    Then you need a copy of their DD214, or birth certificate and drivers license.
    Third you must get a video clip of their mailing address from Google street scape to verify the shipping address and attach that to both copies of the blue form 3566.
    After receiving the payment for the ammo you have your mandatory wait 30 days before shipping( could be some kinda nut you know)
    After that is clear and the ...............
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    Get a copy of their Drivers License and a signed ammo statement and that should have your 6 covered good.
    I think it is THEIR responsibility to know if they can or can not have the ammo where they live.
    My 2 cents worth
  • txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ammo is bad, I traded in all my guns and ammo for peta stickers that I can put on my hybrid!
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    They must sign an agreement not to shoot me.
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope you don't have shield.

I suspect if this was an assignment you failed miserably and will be walking a beat in the retirement home area.

Where are the trolls that had real class??
    I mean they were slick. They knew how to sneak in, they were a little challenging.

First post and we've never heard of you and you claim to sell ammo online and expect us to think you are not an idiot??

Ask your partner (if he/she has not asked for reassignment) to use their email add to start again and this time without being an ultramoron!!!

Wulfmann
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ammoblammo

Thanks!

I take it your one of those little bitches buying all the ammo up at walmarts and now trying to turn if for a profit.
  • lvpattlvpatt Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    man, ammoblammo u got clobbered.
    people on this site have really been helpful to me, i am new also.
    i have been buying cases ammo, since obama entered the race,did not see much down side.i am not selling any tho.mostly 9mm and 38spl.all told i am over 11,000 rds.still looking for judge ammo.
    anyway it always arrives ups, the driver tells me it must be sent from their main depot,give them a call.
    you are being picked on by conservatives who believe in letting the market decide.until it effects them,lol.

pat
  • legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    Copy of I.D. should do

quote:I take it your one of those little bitches buying all the ammo up at walmarts and now trying to turn if for a profit.

Whats wrong with that?
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Their has been a resh of SAFE-FIRES, all ammo and guns in the US are malted/COOKED-OFF!!TROLL-HOLE!