In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Slovakian ammo Prices buy em by the bag...

storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
went to an outfitter here in slovakia today and they have really cool stuff. even had a freaking tommy gun that fell off a truck. lots of nice styer, cz and shotguns i could not pronounce. has glock, smith, sig, cz and hk pistols.

No shortage of ammo in Slovakia. To get an idea on how expensive they were we converted the SK to euro then to US..

9mm is .23 cents per round.

The funny thing is that they will actually sell you one bullet! Not everybody buys a box of 50 here! :) poor basturdse!

Their damn fish hooks have no eyes either. What the hell man? I'm not trying to tie a fly here. I just want to get the damn hook on the line!

Group 5b is similar to Triple canopy and caters to politicians and wealthy people who need protection. They are a small slovakian firm with 30 employees that are all ex police or military and have some foreign workers as well. They use up most the ammo and frequent the sports shop I was at today. They are looking for a designated marksman if any of you are interested.

This place isn't all that bad for a post communist/socialstic country that just turned into a "open market democracy"

HOpe to post some photos soon. Need to figure out this damn PC in a foreign language and I use a mac at home.. :(

Comments

• 7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Their damn fish hooks have no eyes either. What the hell man? I'm not trying to tie a fly here. I just want to get the damn hook on the line!

Really? How do you tie the hook on then?
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 14,006 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just retired from government service who is their contact?
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    I just retired from government service who is their contact?

ah... group five b bro! were you a sniper or designated marksman in the army or marines?
  • bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    I had a couple coworkers that worked for Triple Canopy in about 2005, made a TON of money doing security for dignitaries in Iraq.

How do taxes work for those jobs? I heard you have to be over seas for 12 months to legally avoid paying taxes on what you make, any truth to that?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7RiverMan7
    quote:Their damn fish hooks have no eyes either. What the hell man? I'm not trying to tie a fly here. I just want to get the damn hook on the line!

The end is similar to ours. Instead of having a hole in it, there is only a flat end where a machine has stamped the stem flat and they then round it off.

You make a loop with your line and hold the loop with one hand and wrap it around the stem of the hook min. five times with a max of 7. Then you take the end of the line and pull it thru the loop like a noose. The end that was flattened on the hook prevents the noose from slipping off the hook.

It really looks like it has a nice profile. The hooks are made in Japan and say they are "chemically sharpened"??? They are high carbon steel.

Man, I really need to figure out this damn windoze box and upload some photos.
  • footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    I heard Obama was trying to CLOSE the overseas tax loophole and make yall overseas guys pay just like us here
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:were you a sniper or designated marksman in the army or marines?

I qualified "marksman" with the m16, does that count?[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tplumeri
    quote:were you a sniper or designated marksman in the army or marines?

I qualified "marksman" with the m16, does that count?[:D]

[:D]sure, you might scare by yelling get some all the time! not sure if they could handle you!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by footlong
    I heard Obama was trying to CLOSE the overseas tax loophole and make yall overseas guys pay just like us here

he can try but B.O. can't touch international law. a private contract is just that, a matter of privacy. if something did interfere with payment, it would have to work both ways and would crush all the J1 people coming in to work in America.

IF they taxed my money I earned privately here all you would have to do is keep the money abroad or transfer it to gold or silver and bring that home.

poop.... 0128hrs and a huge lightning storm over the tatry mountain range... gotta go!

nick...
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by storm6490
    quote:Originally posted by 7RiverMan7

The end is similar to ours. Instead of having a hole in it, there is only a flat end where a machine has stamped the stem flat and they then round it off.

You make a loop with your line and hold the loop with one hand and wrap it around the stem of the hook min. five times with a max of 7. Then you take the end of the line and pull it thru the loop like a noose. The end that was flattened on the hook prevents the noose from slipping off the hook.

It really looks like it has a nice profile. The hooks are made in Japan and say they are "chemically sharpened"??? They are high carbon steel.

Man, I really need to figure out this damn windoze box and upload some photos.

It's call "snelling".