In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

22 Year Old Man runs a 200' waterfall in a kayak..

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited May 2009 in General Discussion

Comments

• GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    22 Year Old Man idiot runs a 200' waterfall in a kayak.. It's a new world record...by a LONG SHOT.
    http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2009/may/01/palouse-plunge/
    Fixed it.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    22 Year Old Man idiot runs a 200' waterfall in a kayak.. It's a new world record...by a LONG SHOT.
    Fixed it.

[:D][:D][:D] Yep...I'm quite certain that he has a set that clanks when he walks.[8D]
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,509 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a wild man.
    I am glad there are young lads who are willing to try dangerous feats such as this one, this guy has really got some guts.

"This wasn't a mindless huck off a waterfall," said Bradt.

What is a "huck?"
    Is this a kayaking expression?
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Huck= leap/jump
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    Fixed it.

[:D][:D][:D] Yep...I'm quite certain that he has a set that clanks when he walks.[8D]

Negative. That clanking sound is the one brain cell rolling around in his skull hole.
  • mauser54mauser54 Member Posts: 3,733
    edited November -1
    Idiot is a mild way of putting it. The next time he tries a stunt like this, he may not live to tell or brag about it. He will wake up dead, scratching his head wondering what went wrong? And o'l St. Peter will be standing there looking at him and saying "DUH" you moron![;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    What a wild man.
    I am glad there are young lads who are willing to try dangerous feats such as this one, this guy has really got some guts.

"This wasn't a mindless huck off a waterfall," said Bradt.

What is a "huck?"
    Is this a kayaking expression?

Yes...it's a whitewater kayaking expression that refers to running waterfalls.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,027 ******
    edited November -1
    Sounds like he did his homework. Most waterfalls are deathtraps for deck boaters. If the rocks don't get you, the hydrolics will. I've heard of and seen pictures of do-able waterfalls. Once you get high enough, terminal velocity is the same, just the "air time" gets longer.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere
    Sounds like he did his homework. Most waterfalls are deathtraps for deck boaters. If the rocks don't get you, the hydrolics will. I've heard of and seen pictures of do-able waterfalls. Once you get high enough, terminal velocity is the same, just the "air time" gets longer.

I've run a lot of waterfalls...but NOTHING in comparison to this feat...I have not even hit 50'
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The term huck is used by snow boarders/ down hill mountain bike racers/ freestyle motocross riders/ skatboarders. and Now I hear kayakers.
    Basically a term for a long range gap or freefall in the world of extreme sports.
  • 7RiverMan77RiverMan7 Member Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Will you do Palouse Falls again?

"Once was enough."

LOL

No need to tempt fate, right?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7RiverMan7
    quote:Will you do Palouse Falls again?

"Once was enough."

LOL

No need to tempt fate, right?

[:D]That's funny right there...
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MVP
    The term huck is used by snow boarders/ down hill mountain bike racers/ freestyle motocross riders/ skatboarders. and Now I hear kayakers.
    Basically a term for a long range gap or freefall in the world of extreme sports.

I was just going to say the same
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    That guy is pretty "HUCKIN" nuts, if u ask me !!