In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

hitch in his *-along...

53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Going down the road this morning saw 2 horses right up by the road. Got looking and one had it's right front hoof stuck through the fence. It was a 4"x4" woven wire with barbed wire on the top 2 strands.

That ole' horse had pushed his hoof thru the 4x4 weave and the back side of the shoe was hung in the wire. He hadn't been in that way too long as evidenced by the lack of things being too tore up. Including the fence and his leg, but he sure wasn't going anywhere.

Stopped and walked over to see what I might be able to do or not. Walked right up and the horse just stood there. Bent over and grabbed his hoof/leg and he didn't even flinch, just kept standing there. It was easy to direct the hoof and shoe out of the wire and out of the fence. The horse just trotted off.

My being a stranger, figured the stud would be some what jumpy, but he just let me free his foot with no problem.

I hate seeing an animal caught up in a fence
Freed a deer before that wasn't that lucky. Hip was dislocated.

Comments