In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

guns on campus?

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
just caught the tail end of a news segment about allowing guns on colledge campuses. didn't get the whole story as I was flipping channels and just happened upon it. it stated there were two states that allowed guns, think it was conneticut and west virginia, hell I live here and never knew it was legal. guess you learn something everyday, maybe thats why it is called "almost heaven" wv.

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Indiana also has no law against it on college campuses.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,020 ******
    edited November -1
    There is a very strong movement on the Va. Tech campus to allow CCW on campus.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Commonwealth of Virginia does not prohibit- SOME colleges do, some don't.
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    Bill to allow such is being considered here in Louisiana as we post. Local paper printed an editorial against it which assures most thoughtful people that it is the RIGHT thing to do. Frigging morons in local media are frigging morons.
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In 1960 when I went to school at UW (Wisconsin) I kept a shotgun in my dorm closet and went hunting on weekends. Nobody gave it a second thought. I feel kind of sorry for the kids now.
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere
    There is a very strong movement on the Va. Tech campus to allow CCW on campus.

yeah a bunch of us wanted it after 07....some actually went to the complete other end of the spectrum though....not that that wast already the rule[B)]
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I except Va.Tech to allow CC next yr due to the enormous amount of pressure on them by the students and parents. I hope it happens, but the Tech Police dont, their very weary of dealing with a bunch of partying college students. Besides its a wonder their Police Chief even permits his own Officers to carry handguns.
  • Ox190Ox190 Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Texas has a bill in the state Senate for it right now, I'm sure it will pass.