In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone watching the Briefing with Gibbs?

GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
3 press cell phones have rang during his briefing. He took one of them away from the guy and threw it out the back door.

Comments

• RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    3 press cell phones have rang during his briefing. He took one of them away from the guy and threw it out the back door.

He threw it to someone and they caught it.
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner

How do you know?
  • garanchgaranch Member Posts: 3,681
    edited November -1
    Good for him. That is one of my pet peeves (cell phones). 15 years ago no one had a cell phone and we all got along just fine. Now days alot of people are glued to their phone. The worst and rudest is when a phone goes off in church, at a wedding, or worst yet, at a funeral. NOONE is that busy or important.

I took a phone away from a stranger at a funeral for one of my friends. The phone went off during the service and I got plenty mad. I got up and went to the man and did or said nothing except "Give me your phone". This is right in the middle of the service. He gave me the phone without another word. (looking back on the situation, he was as embarrased as I was mad) but still that is no excuse. After the funeral was over I laid his phone on a table near the exit.

I do have a cell phone but I dang sure do not have it turned on during a meeting, church, the movies, etc.. That is just plain rude.
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    yeah they have a good time in there, ...it's all a big joke huh?

you would almost think the press likes him as well as they like the president
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner

How do you know?

He told the owner of the phone that somebody was there and caught it, because somebody thought he threw it on the floor. He said it as soon as he came back from that back room where the second door was.
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gibbs had warned him before about his cell phone----obviously, he thought nothing about the warning.
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heck,....listening to a cell phone ring would have more meaning than anything Gibbs could say.

I didn't know that Moe, Curley, and Shemp had a missing family member.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like his boss, I cannot stand him, and don't really know why! [}:)]