In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What's Obuckwheat gonna do about this?

RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Venezuela govt to nationalize 11 US-owned oil rigs

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.939483e305b1ba22fc2cd72e1641a9c0.5b1&show_article=1

In the good old days, stuff like this would start a war. I hope Venezuela doesn't declare war on the US. I'm afraid Obuckwheat would surrender.

Comments

• Options
    MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    I'm just a dumb ole country boy, but that there thing they callin "nationalize" sounds plum like stealin to me.

I dont mean ta sound racist, but it seems like our potus has a tendency to like to do a little "nationalizin" his own self.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    well, there are worse problems. all the oil rigs sitting idle have to work to make their owners money so I Imagine they will be towed somewhere off the coast of south america and new leases written, that means folks who earn their living working oil in the gulf can kiss their jobs goodby, forever! The US can go back to buying oil from our enemies at a price that beats our economy down even further.
    I didn't realize how much power and opportunity the president had to destroy our country so completely. AMAZING [:(]