In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I saw one of these in person yesterday

scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
This is a great rifle, they are not very common. At first glance you notice a lot of well configured details, and a few similarities with an M-4. It's like someone who uses one of these guns build a new rifle and added the things they liked from the old style, rather than add more junk to an antique who's time has come and gone.
I wish I had seen this gen before I bought my SIG, I think I would have bought it but then again there are more similarities with the SIG than with any colt style AR...check it out

http://www.robarm.com/XCR-M16_Comparison.htm

the store had it at $1999 retail, but the sales agent claimed he could save me "a couple of hundred bucks" if I was ready to buy now.
His had a 37mm granade launcher on it which ads 4 lbs SO it felt muzzle heavy. the granade launcher was an additional $379.00. I don't launch granades so probably not an option I would choose.

I learned one other thing, supressors can leagally be owned in washington state, but they cannot be used...how dumb is that? SO I guess people buy the supressor, a threaded barrel, pay 200 dollars for a tax stamp (up to 1000 bucks altogether) and then just look at it.[?] Dumb!