In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Wife Shot During Sex

mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Springfield man gets 90 days for shooting wife during sex

Wife insists the incident was accidental

URBANA - A Springfield man was sentenced to serve 90 days in jail Tuesday, May 12, despite the victim's claims that a shooting last November was accidental.

Timothy Havens, 38, of Hilliard Street, was sentenced to serve the time in a case in which he was accused of shooting his wife with a handgun. He had called 911 to report that he shot his wife "during sex."

Champaign County Common Pleas Court Judge Roger Wilson also ordered Havens to serve 80 hours of community service, attend anger management counseling, pay a $300 fine and serve three years probation. He was also ordered not to have contact with the victim. He did receive credit for time already served.

Havens had previously pleaded guilty to one count of violating a protection order and one count of assault.

Champaign County Prosecutor Nick Selvaggio said the case was complicated, in part because the victim maintained that the shooting was an accident throughout the investigation.

However, he also argued some of the evidence in the case did not seem to match the story and there had been a history of violence in the home.

The victim had also filed a protection order, which meant Havens should not have been in the home when the shooting occurred. Even after the shooting, both Havens and the victim were trying to reconcile and continued to violate the protection order, he said.

Kevin Lennen, Havens' attorney, argued Havens has never been in serious legal trouble previously, and stressed that the victim had maintained the shooting was accidental from the beginning.

He said because the victim had filed with the court to rescind the protection order, there was some confusion about whether they were allowed to see each other.

However, Wilson said he believes both parties simply ignored the protection order, and should be kept apart for now.

-- Ah, love is a many splintered thing...

LINK: http://tinyurl.com/qc8ayn

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    so what is their foreplay, simple assault?[B)]

I hope these people use LOTS of contraceptives[V]
  • cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by mateomasfeo

Springfield man gets 90 days for shooting wife during sex

Wife insists the incident was accidental

URBANA - A Springfield man was sentenced to serve 90 days in jail Tuesday, May 12, despite the victim's claims that a shooting last November was accidental.

Timothy Havens, 38, of Hilliard Street, was sentenced to serve the time in a case in which he was accused of shooting his wife with a handgun. He had called 911 to report that he shot his wife "during sex."

Champaign County Common Pleas Court Judge Roger Wilson also ordered Havens to serve 80 hours of community service, attend anger management counseling, pay a $300 fine and serve three years probation. He was also ordered not to have contact with the victim. He did receive credit for time already served.

Havens had previously pleaded guilty to one count of violating a protection order and one count of assault.

Champaign County Prosecutor Nick Selvaggio said the case was complicated, in part because the victim maintained that the shooting was an accident throughout the investigation.

However, he also argued some of the evidence in the case did not seem to match the story and there had been a history of violence in the home.

The victim had also filed a protection order, which meant Havens should not have been in the home when the shooting occurred. Even after the shooting, both Havens and the victim were trying to reconcile and continued to violate the protection order, he said.

Kevin Lennen, Havens' attorney, argued Havens has never been in serious legal trouble previously, and stressed that the victim had maintained the shooting was accidental from the beginning.

He said because the victim had filed with the court to rescind the protection order, there was some confusion about whether they were allowed to see each other.

However, Wilson said he believes both parties simply ignored the protection order, and should be kept apart for now.

LINK: http://tinyurl.com/qc8ayn

Surprised this guy still had a legal gun at home, bet that changes.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tommyjoe
    Wonder where she got shot?
    Tom

Right in the bedroom. Don
  • bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is surreal. Or at least very strange on several different levels.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Tom

In the fracas.
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink
    Tom

In the fracas.

I got bit there once. Still having difficulty when I read poetry.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ramtinxxl
    quote:Originally posted by Colonel Plink
    Tom

In the fracas.

I got bit there once. Still having difficulty when I read poetry.

I wouldn't post that on a public forum, the statue of limitations may not have run out[:o)]
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder if they've ever considered unarmed sex.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Hush your mouth. If it weren't for my arms I wouldn't have sex.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    I've read the article a couple of times and I'm left wondering...

Were they both having sex?

You know.

Cuz, maybe if she was and he wasn't...

I'm just sayin'.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When he yelled "I'm gonna shoot", she shoulda ducked.[:0]
  • carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I need to get his lawyer on retainer, 90 days/$300/pick up some trash..... not a bad deal. Wonder if it matters that I'm a better shot......hmmmm?
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gents- thank you all for the best laugh I have had today. Sorta reminds me of the story about the guy that cried whenever he had sex.

Pepper spray will do that, ya know. [:p]

G'night, all.
  • LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,142 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder if somebody already has the patent on flesh colored bullet proof vests?
  • screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    I have to ask how did a firearm get brought into the sex thing? Were they trying to spice things up with some kinky sex act I'm not aware of?[?]
  • Survivalist86Survivalist86 Member Posts: 3,105
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 11b6r
    Gents- thank you all for the best laugh I have had today. Sorta reminds me of the story about the guy that cried whenever he had sex.

G'night, all.

Pepper spray....Tobbasco brand personal lubricant, Jalepeno Condoms...Tried them all.
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Survivalist86
    quote:Originally posted by 11b6r

G'night, all.

Pepper spray....Tobbasco brand personal lubricant, Jalepeno Condoms...Tried them all.

I can't stand it. I gotta ask. How do the jalepeno flavored condoms taste? [;)]
  • penetraitorpenetraitor Member Posts: 3,870
    edited November -1
    I was told to flip it with my fingers...The bullet. She said harder.
  • Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some women like their sex to end with a Bang....
  • cowboykellcowboykell Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is a woman's "yet"?...They said the bullet is in her yet.
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    I always heard, You should not get a BJ while driving because the critical moment can lead to jerking the wheel
    I guess this story proves the same theory about holding a loaded weapon?