In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

here it is folks...annie get your gun

aaron burraaron burr Member Posts: 9
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/13/critics-deride-designed-weapons-terrorists-hands/

the most sickening part is the bill was introduced by a republican and looks like its going to pass.
this is text book back door gun control and given the recent DHS reports on "domestic terrorists" i think we are all in trouble.

Comments

• ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's currently before the House Judiciary Committee so hopefully it will never make it out--would still have to go to the Senate. Did ya think there weren't Republicans who were antigun? I still don't believe any gun legislation will pass until AFTER the 2010 elections--at least not if the politicians want to keep their cush jobs[;)]
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The question is what defines an "extremist"?
    The average opinion expressed here for example?
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    yep, it's still gun control no matter how you justify it.
    radical members of any group do use violence to promote their cause but they usually use homemade bombs, arson or even poisons to inflict damage to a bunch of people or facilities.
    Weeding them out and putting guns out of legal reach still does nothing to prevent them those options or even the ability to illegally obtain a firearm. so this proposed legislation is redundant, innefective and should be defeated.
    I have no doubt we will, someday soon, be faced with AWB and worse. All these backdoor gun control bills serve to keep us on edge and the price of ammunition high.
    I almost wish they would try it so we can get the thing over with because it is the not knowing that creates the most anxiety